How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, let me ask this question. I think I read that hub part number 68319680AD will work on the 2014 no problem but I can't seem to find where I read that, I want to be sure it will work before I order a new one. Like I said I just want to get it working and get it over with now, tired of messing with it.

Also remember you will need to get a new fob cause the one you paired is paired with that RF hub and can’t be reprogrammed unless a locksmith unlocks it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Ok, let me ask this question. I think I read that hub part number 68319680AD will work on the 2014 no problem but I can't seem to find where I read that, I want to be sure it will work before I order a new one. Like I said I just want to get it working and get it over with now, tired of messing with it.

I put a 2017-2018 hub 68319680AD in my moms 2014 Truck. Works good.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok just wanted to check before ordering anything else. Yes, I will probably get someone to unlock this key I have and I will probably order a new one along with the rf-hub and then I will have 2 fobs for it. Thanks for all the help and I hope this is my final issue with all of this.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok just wanted to check before ordering anything else. Yes, I will probably get someone to unlock this key I have and I will probably order a new one along with the rf-hub and then I will have 2 fobs for it. Thanks for all the help and I hope this is my final issue with all of this.

At least you already have everything ran. So it’s just pulling the RF hub and putting the new one in lol

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone determined that their rf hub was bad by replacing it? Mine is acting funny, programmed the key fine and works locking/unlocking and remote start.. Tire sensors it picks up when the truck starts then they go blank and I get the sensor error.. Passive entry works sometimes and then it doesn't. Just a few minutes ago it said no key found then it started like everything was fine. Sounds like a bad hub to me also.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone determined that their rf hub was bad by replacing it? Mine is acting funny, programmed the key fine and works locking/unlocking and remote start.. Tire sensors it picks up when the truck starts then they go blank and I get the sensor error.. Passive entry works sometimes and then it doesn't. Just a few minutes ago it said no key found then it started like everything was fine. Sounds like a bad hub to me also.
Have you tried the rf hub reset procedure?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The part number on the rf-hub is 56046941AH which is the part number that shows to be the correct part number for a 2014 Laramie with keyless go and remote start and my truck is a 2014 Big Horn with remote start.

Yes I ran the wiring just like in the beginning of this thread and I also tested the wiring harness once I finished building it with a multi meter to be sure I had continuity from the main connector at the rf-hub to the antenna connectors.

Also if you instal the 2017 RF hub your external antenna is going to be useless. The 17-18 have built in antennas for remote start etc. but that’s not a big deal.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sounds like interference with the antennas for no fob found. Mine does it every once and a while when I have it in my pocket with my keys and phone. Have you done the roll test with Alfa for the RF hub?

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like interference with the antennas for no fob found. Mine does it every once and a while when I have it in my pocket with my keys and phone. Have you done the roll test with Alfa for the RF hub?

Yea I’ve done that several time also.. it’s weird that it will find them and air pressure when it starts and then go away

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried the rf hub reset procedure?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reset and replace on deletes all settings from the RF hub and downloads relevant settings from the BCM. Sounds like it’s not a all the time thing except the TPMS

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I’ve done that several time also.. it’s weird that it will find them and air pressure when it starts and then go away

It’s almost like when they start moving it loses connection. Like they are moving around in the tire so they don’t get an accurate reading. Have you replaced your tires recently or used fix a flat?

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reset and replace on deletes all settings from the RF hub and downloads relevant settings from the BCM. Sounds like it’s not a all the time thing except the TPMS

Correct, getting home tonight it locked and unlocked with the door handle no problem yet the tpms is still showing a fault

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s almost like when they start moving it loses connection. Like they are moving around in the tire so they don’t get an accurate reading. Have you replaced your tires recently or used fix a flat?

No change with the tires in a year or so, worked fine before I changed the rf hub

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No change with the tires in a year or so, worked fine before I changed the rf hub

Pull the cables off your battery and touch them together let the truck sit for a few and hook the battery back up. That will make a full reboot of the system. Also clear all codes for the RF hub in Alfa before you disconnect the battery

TPMS send a frequency out that the antenna on the RF hub picks up. The frequency is not making it to the RF hub once they are moving or it’s just getting the initial psi and not continuously checking or updating the psi

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pull the cables off your battery and touch them together let the truck sit for a few and hook the battery back up. That will make a full reboot of the system. Also clear all codes for the RF hub in Alfa before you disconnect the battery

TPMS send a frequency out that the antenna on the RF hub picks up. The frequency is not making it to the RF hub once they are moving.

Ok cool I’ll give that a shot

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, that was my issue, I got the new hub and key programmed and done the hub reset and it fired right up and ran perfect. Well I shut it off and tried the passive entry and nothing on either door. I then drove it up the road about 2 miles to see if it would read the tire sensors and it picked those up just fine. When I got back I tried the passive lock again and both sides worked perfect unlocking and locking. I reinstalled the rear seat and then tried the passive lock again and it wont do anything on either door again. What could be my issue. Push to start, tire sensors, keyless entry, remote start all seems to work fine so far it's just the passive entry. Also I am holding the remote in my hand next to the door in about the same location the antenna is located, no phones or anything around.

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, that was my issue, I got the new hub and key programmed and done the hub reset and it fired right up and ran perfect. Well I shut it off and tried the passive entry and nothing on either door. I then drove it up the road about 2 miles to see if it would read the tire sensors and it picked those up just fine. When I got back I tried the passive lock again and both sides worked perfect unlocking and locking. I reinstalled the rear seat and then tried the passive lock again and it wont do anything on either door again. What could be my issue. Push to start, tire sensors, keyless entry, remote start all seems to work fine so far it's just the passive entry. Also I am holding the remote in my hand next to the door in about the same location the antenna is located, no phones or anything around.

Mopar parts sent me a warranty email for the rf hub to try and take it to a dealer for exchange and if that doesn’t work will send me another so when I get back from work in a few days I’ll see if that works and if they will unlock the key for me. Everything is so intermittent it points to the hub in my opinion.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Pull the neg cable to your battery. My passive entry was acting just like yours until I pulled the neg cable and had the system reset. Also clear all faults in Alfa before you pull the neg cable.

Last edited: