How to Add Overhead Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great thread, Im gonna follow this one close. If I get a Tradesman I will be wanting to put the basic reading light setup in mine.

rthorsten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am getting ready to do this when you guys say you tap the green plug wires. Are you talking about adding pins to the actual plug or using quick splices and simply tapping the wires? This would also apply when I do my footwell lighting.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have three consoles for sale

1 from a 2014 1500 with compass module, no sunroof of slider switch
in excellent condition.
2 from a 2014 1500 with compass module and slider switch
small minor scuff on trim bezel
3 from 2012 with home-link and slider switch
in excellent condition.

All come with pigtails and or new plugs no mounts

FYI I have all the part numbers and 2d drawings for all the connectors and know where to purchase all the plugs and pins including the compass / home-link plug (not the slider or sunroof connectors though). I also have some extras if interested shoot me an email will post pics tonight or tomorrow.

Did you ever sell option number one?

Crank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm curious too, so the kit comes with a plug for the back of the console? With the three wires? Then you get the green plug that connects by the headlight switch, using this and the plug from the kit, make a harness to feed the overhead console? Ground, constant and on with the dome? Also the part number listed in this thread- 1PQ03BD1AA, is this the 2010-2012 console without the LED bulbs? I would prefer this I believe, it sounds like the 13+ consoles must be replaced if a bulb ever burns out.

Thanks

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You would have to get the module and the plug kit then tap power.
The module is also backlit so you would need to tap into the headlight circuit. (If you want back lit buttons) there might be a pin-out in the green plug but I never tested for it.
I don't have the part number for the module but I remember it being like $160.
The console part numbers are on page 1.

Hey man,

Does this price seem about right for everything?

2010 2013 Dodge RAM 1500 3500 Add on Overhead Console w Map Lights OEM Mopar | eBay

Thanks!

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
it is over priced on ebay, i bought everything new from Tasca parts for $127 plus shipping.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
also, for those of you looking for the small two prong connector for the LED downlight, it is a delphi part #12047662 for the connector and #15324070 for the lock.

i found midwest automotive connector supply sells pre-crimped female pigtails for use with these connectors as well

Delphi, Metri-Pack 480 Series, Female Pigtail, 12047767

Nick6053

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I installed mine thanks to this. Thank You OP, and cptwing for the part!
love this mod
nick

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hi, i love to do this to my 2009 dodge ram 1500 v6. I just cant see the pictures, can you please send them to me on whats up? I cant recive pictures on regular msg app. Or, jorgemartinobaloo@ gmail.com ., please, i will love to do this . please. Thanks in advance, my number for whats up is 561 294 5508. Thanks again

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hi, nice work. One question, i still no understand on how to wire everything, i have the light on the middle of the roof between the seats, can i wire this console that? I splice the cable and put them toogather with electrical tape? Thanks in advance.. I realy want to do this...thanks... [email protected]

joshlvsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What is the part number for the overhead console with home link, and gray trim? or are they all the same? The people at TASCA are being difficult because it doesn't come up with my VIN, my truck is 2013 2500 tradesman, gray interior. Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What is the part number for the overhead console with home link, and gray trim? or are they all the same? The people at TASCA are being difficult because it doesn't come up with my VIN, my truck is 2013 2500 tradesman, gray interior. Thanks
I believe they are all the same, headliner colored outer piece with a black insert that has section that pop out to install additional factory options.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
The consoles are sold in many different flavors by part number. They come with or without the following: sunroof switch, power rear window switch, compass module, homelink / compass module, no module, led lights, incandescent lights.

The only option they all have is the map lights and cup holder light. The simplest way to order it is find a truck on ebay or on the lot that has exactly what you want, give the parts guy the vin and have him order it for you based on that vin. That said I bought the top one from Tasca only I went through the dealership parts dept. The reason I say this is mine is the LED with Home-link module, but it also came with the power sliding switch and the sunroof switch. The power sliding switch is removable and can be replaced with a blank. I just happened to have a spare console that had that blank and swapped it, not sure if you could even buy the blank. The sunroof switch is a different story the ones with out it do not have a blank, so I left that one in. I have a reg cab with manual slider, so no sunroof even possible.

The reason I went into this is I have seen 2015 trucks on the lots in the Big horn trim with the home link and Led lights with out either switch, which is the config most of us lower trim guys would want. The sunroof switch does not bother me though, you really can't even see it.

Here is the part number for the top of the line console, which includes the LED map lights, cup holder light, Home link module, sunroof switch and sliding rear window switch. This is the one I bought, I actually paid around 200.00 for it from the dealership, but that was a while back.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/1vg18bd1ad

Note the LED lights in this console are much nicer and light up the truck much better, than the incandescent ones did.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Disregard everything I said and listen to cptwing!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk