How to change setting on Pedal Commander without tripping CEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gallor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter HEMI
Old thread but new issue for me, I heard of the possibilities of the CEL being tripped but took my chances anyway. I purchased the PC from a member here on the forum and it came intact and in like new shape, it is not the BT version, I installed in minutes set it to city plus 3 and ran for a week like that and no issue and I was very pleased.
This afternoon after work started up and I got the dreaded CEL with an added throttle something prompt that indicated Service soon. Retracting my day I did change it one click down to city plus 3 but I was in drive at idle no acceleration, could it have been that process that tripped the CEL and if so why not at that given time why in the afternoon after it had been parked for 9 hours? In any case the truck was drivable so got home shut the vehicle down and did the battery disconnect to clear the code (I don't have a code reader to clear)
I have set the PC to Sport and I am hoping for the best tomorrow, if it throws the code again I don't care if there is a remedy I will be pulling it out.
JUST VENTING
Gallo

Gallor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter HEMI
Man sounds like this thing is hit or miss...... I am so upset I got the dreaded code. I reset and reinstalled everything even disconnected my battery to clear code if it comes back I don't know probably yank it out.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a CEL come on only when adjusting on the fly. Just set it and forget it. I leave mine on Sport+ at 0. When I got a CEL, I disconnected the battery and the PC. Waited ten min reinstalled and no issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro