How to fix broken red connector on a 2013 4.7L Coil Pack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Last time i did a tune up i tried to get the plug off the coil pack to take it out, and there’s 2 clips. 1 thats red and gets pulled out, and another one on the connector itself that’s extremely hard to press on because it takes **** tons of force.

Long story short, did something stupid and tried to press the black clip in with a screwdriver and the screwdriver slipped and ripped the red locking tab right off. It’s not going to do anything yes, but it makes my OCD go through the roof, and id like to not rip apart the connector and go through the hell of that, so if that’s the only option, i’m just gonna rip the red locking tabs off the other ones to prevent me from losing my crap.

Thank ya ;-)

Sent from RAM

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
try www.mouser. com they sell the red red connectors good luck part no.1924780-1 or1924779- not sure about the part numbers

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
These connectors are a pain but once i get one to release, i clean it up and lube up the sliding surface with some dielectric grease. It not only lubes but its thick and keeps it sealed to prevent future debris from collecting.

It will still be a little hard to disconnect because the grease seals it well enough to make a vacuum when pulling apart but its a heck of alot easier than when theres tiny pieces of crud stuck behind the release lever

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think there is any red clips left on my truck LOL broke em all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicholas17smith