How to fix computer for tire changing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As of right now, today, WiTech 2.0 does not have the ability to change tire sizes to a size that is not a factory option. I have had some limited success with the original WiTech desktop application when it comes to changing the pinion factor. I have been able to change tire sizes on a few 2014-2016 RAM 1500's and a pair of 2015 RAM 2500's and a 2013 LX but that's it. All of the other RAM trucks I have attempted to use the WiTech desktop application to change the pinion factor were unsuccessful. I could change the size but it would not save the changes.

I spoke with the DFW Zone Tech today about the issue at hand and was told that there was/is a possibility that pinion factor changes may be brought back to WiTech 2.0 in Q4-2021 but that could not be confirmed at this time.

djcwardog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Another option exists. I was going to use AlphaOBD like we all do as I just swapped out my OEM 245/70R17 wheel/tires for a set of 285/60R20 OEM take-offs. However, I also have the Edge Pulsar piggy-back tuning module installed. That allows me to reset tire size along with gear ratio so I thought I’d try that route. It also offers a set of tuning choices from stock up to performance with MDS left alone or disabled for each choice - 8 in all. I settled on 33.8” as the tire diameter after checking the truck speedometer against Waze on the iPhone. I’ve not tried this extra feature yet, but if you also have their CTS2, it says that can also control the Pulsar.

djcwardog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thought I’d share a few photos of my ride with the “new” 20” wheels on it. Just a bit bigger and they fill out the wheel wells so much better than the 17’s. Not sure, but I think I read that the 20” wheels were from a “Night Edition” option on a higher trim level?

0524D44D-5ED6-4459-BA27-9D2A6622A7EC.jpeg

0C818853-BFF5-4728-A1E8-E596DFC5FB6F.jpeg

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So for simplicity purposes the service paperwork just notes to set to 36”. The actual number programed in was like 36.31” or something which was the average from both rear wheels taken by the dealership with the tires mounted and the weight of the truck on them.

View attachment 247004

View attachment 247007
perhaps they used alpha obd or some other device. $495 seems like a lot to balance tires and program

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I used the Tazer system on my’19 PW to reset the computer for the actual size of my “37” KO2s (actually only a bit over 36”). It reset for the speedometer and shift points only. It will not let one reset the TPMS low pressure warning and inflate to setpoints. In fact the instructions for the Tazer state that that must be done by the dealer. If anyone has a clue about how to reset the TPMS system, I’m all ears. I’ve tried to get 3 different dealers to do it and they won’t. Thanks.
Hey dude. You can absolutely change the TPMS settings with the tazer.

I used the tazer to set the TPMS threshold to 50 front and 45 rear.

Now when I air down my tires, and the light comes on. My truck says "inflate front/rear tires to 50/45psi" rather than the 60F/65R when it was on factory settings.

I know their instructions state you need to go to a dealer. But you do not!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
perhaps they used alpha obd or some other device. $495 seems like a lot to balance tires and program
The balancing was two fold, they had to tear off the original weights installed by a shop (installed too close to rotor and rubbing) then put new ones on. I didnt have the time to drive 20 miles back to the shop so they just refunded me for the balance. I asked them if the dealership was going to use a programer and i was told no. As explained to me, they add a line of factory option code for the new tire size. They told me it will not be reset to 33” during any updates and will remain in the trucks computer forever until I either alter the tire size with a programmer or have the dealer add another tire size code. I compared my speedo to a gps app for the 45 min drive home and it was spot on the whole way.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey dude. You can absolutely change the TPMS settings with the tazer.

I used the tazer to set the TPMS threshold to 50 front and 45 rear.

Now when I air down my tires, and the light comes on. My truck says "inflate front/rear tires to 50/45psi" rather than the 60F/65R when it was on factory settings.

I know their instructions state you need to go to a dealer. But you do not!

That’s really great. You wouldn’t happen to have the procedure handy, would you? I’ve been through the provided instructions front to back and have no idea how. Thanks for any additional help you can provide.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
That’s really great. You wouldn’t happen to have the procedure handy, would you? I’ve been through the provided instructions front to back and have no idea how. Thanks for any additional help you can provide.
I cany remember off hand, but if you scroll through all the settings, its there.

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Trying to go off memory for what I did to reset the TPMS threshholds.
Hold the Back button on the left side of the steering wheel while pressing the Cancel button on the right. When you get to the TPMS setting, press the Cruise On/Off button while holding the Back button. That will get you into the TPMS settings. Once in the settings, adjust the TPMS numbers to what you want. Front and Back pressures are two different settings. When the number is where you want it, press the On/Off button to lock it in. After you move through the settings, they recommend that you reboot the system.

It took me a couple of tries to get it to stick when I adjusted the pressures on my 21, but it does work. And no, I didn't need the PIN from the dealer.

RickoSauve52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have an alfaobd with a security bypass harness and although it has quite a few popular tire sizes my new tire size was not on the list. It did ask to enter the size in MM. I said the hell with it and left it alone.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an alfaobd with a security bypass harness and although it has quite a few popular tire sizes my new tire size was not on the list. It did ask to enter the size in MM. I said the hell with it and left it alone.
what size tire did you get?

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does procal snap work without any issues if installed correctly?

1stHEMI

Reaction score
hmmm... a couple hundred bucks just to reprogram for tire size.... that's a hard sell. lol
Gotta be something easier for those of us who don't want to mess with a bunch of the settings, but install larger tires.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I went to the tire place and got some 35’’x12.5’ bf k02s had an appointment with the dodge dealer to have them re-set the computer for the new tires. Had my truck in the shop for 30 mins and the service guy tells me they can’t do it???? Wtf? So I ask what’s up he goes not sure and said take it back to the tire guy. ??? Take my brand new less than a 1000 km truck to a tire shop?? All of a sudden I realized why it’s been 2002 since I had my last dodge. Is there any one who can help me with what I need to do?? As the dodge dealer can’t seem to help me. Thanks for any help. View attachment 246929
Most people who work in service departments at dealerships only know how to do what a service code tells them to do. I have talked with a service tech at a jeep/ram dealer who did not know what a transfer case or e-lockers were.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most people who work in service departments at dealerships only know how to do what a service code tells them to do. I have talked with a service tech at a jeep/ram dealer who did not know what a transfer case or e-lockers were.
Some Dodge/Ram dealers will shy away from this for liability/warranty purposes.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
When I bought my new truck from the dealer it came with oversized 33” tires and custom 17” rims to recalibrate the speedo they used a Hypertech speedometer calibrator
they also included the calibrator with my purchase price
Hypertech instructs its users to set the wheel calibration back to stock before having the vehicle serviced and then recalibrate the tire size after you pick your vehicle up from service