How To Install 2010 Ram 1500 hidden winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LewisBPuller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, when I started reading this at the beginning I was skeptical then I just kept getting more and more excited. Hopefully, dantheman can get his hands on a Rebel because I really want one of these. Not only if is my preferred look because I like my bumper but it is waaay cheaper than a new bumper too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will pm you when I get a chance, it's a lot to throw at you and I need some info first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want 1 too!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
DantheMan, I sent you a PM regarding this design of yours. I think it's an awesome idea and was wondering if you have made them for the 2500 series yet? I have a 2016 and the price for your mount is well within reason so I would be very happy to become a customer. Just need to know if it will work with the 2500 and the cost of shipping to me.....

CasperTJT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hidden Winch Mount

Hey, I apologize for making this a zombie thread, but does anyone else have a lead on a hidden winch mount for a 17 Ram 1500? I PM'd dantheman, but didn't get a response. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

CasperTJT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey dantheman, I got your PM, and I'm down. My zip code is 12401. I tried to PM you back and it gave me this error message.

"Dantheman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Pixel shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thread resurrected, awesome thread and great job by many in tackling this. PM sent. no differences in install on a sport ie all plastic LOL

Would luv to know what winches you have opted to install to fit the under 10" tall as recommended

keep up the great work gents!

steevireno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this mount still available?

Hi guys - This has been stale for a few months, but I am curious to see if these mounts are still available? I would like to purchase one for my 2010 1500.

Thanks!

Steve

steevireno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone else point me in the direction of someone who can fabricate this? Dantheman might not be on here anymore :(

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't heard from Dantheman in awhile, I know he was going to school.....

steevireno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
*sigh*.... hopefully he will come on again. I'm hoping he cant make me a mount!

austin.mahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I considered getting a wireless remote, but found the perfect storage location for my controller in the engine bay. On top of the passenger fender well is a small pocket that the controller fits in nicely. It's easy access and allows me to keep the controller connected.
More pictures of my mounting set up attached. Custom winch tray made from 1/4" steel.
Would you be able to share some of the dimensions? I’m wanting to do this for my 2014 Ram 1500.

Deereagle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I HAVE A 2017 BIGHORN 1500 I WOULD LOVE TO GET A MOUNT PLATE FOR. ANYBODY MAKING THESE?

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hate the fact that photobucket killed everything. Now s these older writeups are hard to follow. I'd like to try this myself

eoddave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To all those interested in doing their own hidden winch, I see that many wanted Dantheman to make a winch plate and ship it. However, since nobody has heard from him in a while, I will share with you my winch plate design. Look back towards the beginning of this thread and see my build. I have lots more pictures that I can and will post to help guide you if you would like to replicate my design. Could I make you a winch plate too? Yes I could, but I won't. The expense of manufacturing and shipping would make it cost prohibitive for me and you. Instead, here is my design. Take this to a local fabricator and have them make it for you. It will be cheaper than me making it and shipping. You should be able to find someone in your area to build this for $250, give or take.
Note: I have deliberately omitted specific measurements for bolt holes and fairlead opening as these will vary from build-to-build. Winch Plate Design.jpg IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3139.JPG
Hope this helps get you started. It's a very different design than dantheman but it works. It sits higher on the bumper too! A look that I really like.

Keep fabricating Ram enthusiasts!

Black Ram 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eoddave. Thanks for the dimension. I signed up with this forum just so I can see your images.
Now, time to find someone to fab this up.

May I ask where you got your hawse fairlead?

eoddave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black Ram 2013, a hawse fairlead will come standard when you purchase Warn Winch with nylon rope. Look forward to seeing your install.

OP
OP
wagunner

wagunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12 Valve Cummins
Hate the fact that photobucket killed everything. Now s these older writeups are hard to follow. I'd like to try this myself

Hey everybody, haven't been here in a while. happy to see my original design idea has been improved upon and made available. I'd like to add all the images back to my original posts, but I don't see the option to edit them. I'll try contacting an admin.