How to make clear very small windshield ding ... NOT hole or crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Anyone have a suggestion on how to make clear very small windshield ding. I'm not talking about a hole or crack.

These things are just very small spots and do not go very far into the glass. You can only tell they are dings when you run your finger nail over them. They look like large dust particles.

They are more annoying then anything else.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--If they have penetrated the surface of the glass I think a glass shop is your best bet. If it's something on the glass there are products you can use with a DA to buff the windshield and clean and polish it up.
Jay

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
How many dings? a lot ?I am curious. Mine has what I called a sand blasted look in bright sun ! Not heavy but noticeable ! Bugs the crap out of me lol waiting for a crack so insurance will replace :)

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
How many dings? a lot ?I am curious. Mine has what I called a sand blasted look in bright sun ! Not heavy but noticeable ! Bugs the crap out of me lol waiting for a crack so insurance will replace :)

Not a lot - about 10 - very small.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nothing is really effective. glass is soft and pits easy. some auto detailing out fits sell glass stuff you use with a buffer but most reviews are not great. I read one thing where they said to use clear nail polish but that did not work for me.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve never been able to get a glass shop to polish out even the smallest of imperfections. All they want to do is install new. Liability concerns probably.

There are a few videos on the web I’ve seen showing how to DIY.

I think polishing out a divot even a few thousandths deep will be hard going.

Dragon62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the past, "small" ding not a crack... I've used clear nail polish and 000 ss pad to clean after its dried( in a day).