How To Manually Update Music Catalog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
So if I put a new SD cad into the slot, it will begin to play and if I try to do a voice command it will say "Updating music catalog, please wait." OK - got it.

If I later take that SD card out and remove a couple of songs and add a couple of songs, when I re-insert it, it starts playing the music right where it left off. It doesn't recognize that the card has been updated. If I manually browse through the tracks it shows the new ones and I can manually select them but if I try to play that song or artist using the voice commands, it does not recognize the song or artist. It's like there's some sort of internal memory that needs to be cleared or updated to recognize the new tracks.

Does anyone know how to force the thing to "Update music catalog" so it will recognize the new tracks?

OP
OP
jsequino

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
So if I put a new SD cad into the slot, it will begin to play and if I try to do a voice command it will say "Updating music catalog, please wait." OK - got it.

If I later take that SD card out and remove a couple of songs and add a couple of songs, when I re-insert it, it starts playing the music right where it left off. It doesn't recognize that the card has been updated. If I manually browse through the tracks it shows the new ones and I can manually select them but if I try to play that song or artist using the voice commands, it does not recognize the song or artist. It's like there's some sort of internal memory that needs to be cleared or updated to recognize the new tracks.

Does anyone know how to force the thing to "Update music catalog" so it will recognize the new tracks?

For anyone who is interested, I think I figured it out. I typically leave my SD cards locked. I unlocked the card re-inserted it and it still thought the deleted songs were on there and did not recognize the new songs. I manually tuned to a newly added song, then pressed the volume button and the tune button and held it for 5 seconds. The screen went blank and it re-booted itself. It then started up on track 1 and the "Updating Music Catalog" message was showing.

So for anyone who has this issue from time to time....
1. unlock your SD card
2. insert
3. manually tune to a new track
4. press and hold volume and tune knob for 5 seconds

and that should do it.