How's this setup look? Questions as well!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNW06SGM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EJ255 / Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, my dad just picked up a 2014 1500 and wants to get an exhaust/intake/tuner for it. After doing some reading/listening to videos, I think these are what I'm going to show him. He basically told me to find what I think will sound good and let him know.

Was going to go with the Magnaflow Performance Exhaust kit:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-16869/overview/year/2010/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

Then get the VaraRam intake:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vrm-vr-hemi4g-t/overview/year/2010/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

With the Diablosport I1000, with a hemifever tune on it:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/d...ar/2010/make/dodge/model/ram-1500?prefilter=1

How does all that look?

Now my question is, are headers worth the money to get or should I just have him stick with the stock ones? Coming from the Subaru world, I've never worked on an N/A motor let alone a V8 so no clue how much they will benefit over the stock ones.

Thanks guys!

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
a lot of guys have the Vararam and that tuner with said tuning programmed on it.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great mod list. A couple of suggestions for you. First order from Moes I will put a link at the end. They are a forum supporter, very knowledgeable and offer fast(2 day) free shipping and great prices. Second you can just get a 14" Magnaflow muffler for 100 and have it welded in for a 100, the stock pipes are already 2.50" and stainless so you wont get any more from the system you are looking at.

Here is the link to Moes. You can see the Vararam is much less than you were looking at.

Vararam Air Grabber Intake 2009-2014 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi

I got the shorty BBK headers for 360, they add about 15HP, the longtube headers cost much more and add about 30-40HP.

You are going to love the HF tune. I will totally change your truck. It also cost a lot less from Moes or direct from Hemeifever.

Last edited:

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
"you can just get a 14" Magnaflow muffler for 100 and have it welded in for a 100, the stock pipes are already 2.25" and stainless so you wont get any more from the system you are looking at."

Not to hijack the thread but in keeping PNW06SGM's options open as well as mine :)

Im wondering is there a significant difference in the sound between the "14 Magnaflow your mentioning and the Borla 4x9.5 Dual 2.5" In/Dual 2.5" Out 19" Stainless Muffler. (Found on Moes)?

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"you can just get a 14" Magnaflow muffler for 100 and have it welded in for a 100, the stock pipes are already 2.25" and stainless so you wont get any more from the system you are looking at."

Not to hijack the thread but in keeping PNW06SGM's options open as well as mine :)

Im wondering is there a significant difference in the sound between the "14 Magnaflow your mentioning and the Borla 4x9.5 Dual 2.5" In/Dual 2.5" Out 19" Stainless Muffler. (Found on Moes)?

I have not heard the Borla. I would try youtube and search for ram borla and see what they sound like. There are plenty of magnaflow clips on there to compare.

OP
OP
P

PNW06SGM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EJ255 / Hemi 5.7
Great mod list. A couple of suggestions for you. First order from Moes I will put a link at the end. They are a forum supporter, very knowledgeable and offer fast(2 day) free shipping and great prices. Second you can just get a 14" Magnaflow muffler for 100 and have it welded in for a 100, the stock pipes are already 2.50" and stainless so you wont get any more from the system you are looking at.

Here is the link to Moes. You can see the Vararam is much less than you were looking at.

Vararam Air Grabber Intake 2009-2014 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi

I got the shorty BBK headers for 360, they add about 15HP, the longtube headers cost much more and add about 30-40HP.

You are going to love the HF tune. I will totally change your truck. It also cost a lot less from Moes or direct from Hemeifever.

Thanks for the input! Appreciate the link to the cheaper stuff from the vendor. Always willing to help a supporter/vendor out even if they charge a few dollars more.

My dad doesn't really want to hack up the stock exhaust, which I don't blame him I wouldn't want to either. Just the way we are I guess.

Just for knowledge, how are the bends in the stock exhaust compared to aftermarket ones? I know that plays a huge role in restrictions and that some exhaust companies will even go out of their way to make sure the bends in their exhaust cause no restriction.

Texasramrt2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just wanted to say that I have the bbk headers and I'm running 3in true dual straight pipes with x pipe and I have to say that my 2014 is a way different beast

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First thing, ask your Dad about his warranty. Here, I can get a catback and am intake, but thats it. I would enjoy headers and a tuner, but my warranty wouldn't. Dealer would never warranty anything related to those. Personally, and again, this is just me, I think there is a lot of electronics and expensive parts when it comes to repairs. I want a bumper-bumper warranty for my vehicle, that was one of the biggest factors in my purchase. I don't want a battle with the dealership over who is going to pay for what on any repairs, cause if I install something that they can fight on, I won't have a leg to stand on. So for now, as long as I have factory warranty, I am limiting mods to catback, intake and thats it.
Now as for your mod list, sounds like a good list. Read on here, a lot of guys have the Vararam and love it. And anyone who has a Magnaflow loves it. I love mine. I can't say anything about tuners, cause as mentioned, I haven't even looked at them. Had a great conversation with Matt at Moe's, but we both agreed I can do without to save my warranty. Matt is a super guy, give him your business and he will only sell you what you really need and look out for your best interest doing it.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I agree with the guys on top. Buy everyhing from Moes. Before you get the tune installed get a catch can and 180 degree t stat.