Hummer OEM 35", 37" capable vs PW @ 33".

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

• "Standard 18-inch wheels with 35-inch-OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires that offer exceptional strength and flexibility to optimize maneuverability with the HUMMER EV’s unprecedented off-road capability. Additionally, the vehicle is engineered to accommodate 37-inch tires."
I can't understand as to why the Power Wagon still doesn't come stock with 35" tires.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My guess is they would feel the need to have to regear and they probably have some kind of long term contract with AAM or something like that. I agree tho 33's look goofy on such a tall rig. They should also go to 18" wheels as the 17" barely clear the brake calipers.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Yeah, can't wait to get the stock Duratracs worn down to a level where I don't feel guilty for swapping them out for 35's. They look puny as hell for our PW's.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, can't wait to get the stock Duratracs worn down to a level where I don't feel guilty for swapping them out for 35's. They look puny as hell for our PW's.

Before you wear em down, sell em for money to put towards the new rubber. Thats the way I always do it...sell my few year old tires that are in great shape for half the price of new (give or take) and put it towards a brand new set. Then, you are always in a set of new to next-to-new tires.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Before you wear em down, sell em for money to put towards the new rubber. Thats the way I always do it...sell my few year old tires that are in great shape for half the price of new (give or take) and put it towards a brand new set. Then, you are always in a set of new to next-to-new tires.

I've got 27K miles on the OEM Duratracs... What's an honest selling price? I'd say just over halfway worn down.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sold them off my ‘16 with 23k for $800. I think...**** my memory is bad. Maybe it was less.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does Discount give a credit for takeoffs? I've heard both ways.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got 27K miles on the OEM Duratracs... What's an honest selling price? I'd say just over halfway worn down.

I sold them off my ‘16 with 23k for $800. I think...**** my memory is bad. Maybe it was less.

I take that back. They are only $1000 new. Musta been more like $400 by the time I was done with all the craigslist ********.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what, the new EV hummer comes with 35’s, and will fit 37’s, the new Bronco with the Sasquatch Package comes with 35’s and will run 37’s. the Wrangler Rubicon comes with 33’s and will run 35’s and 37’s.Now with that being said look at the prices they all cost.
Hummer starting at 70k, the new Bronco with the added package to run them 35’s and probably some modding for 37’s is gonna break the wallet at about 65-70k before dealer mark-up. The Rubicon already is in the same price range. The Power Wagon for between 57k -65k, a full size truck with a Factory Locker’s, sway bar disco’s, Warn winch and anywhere from 4:56’s to 4:10’s stock. Even with 37’s on my 12 with 4:56’s I’m still close to a 4:10 gear ratio. So it ain’t nothing about the AAM axle’s and warranties, it’s about making a Truck that “anyone can own” even though it’s a one off. Tires don’t make the Truck and GM and Ford are trying hard to catch up to Jeep and Ram. How many Raptor’s do you see? How many Hummer’s, and don’t bother telling me how the stopped making them I know that because after the mainstreamed them the were 10,000lbs pounds of crap. Again I say, “So what.”

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
LoL. I would like to watch that hummer EV follow my power wagon.. 35’s or not, there is not a GMC product that will follow my power wagon off-road. STOCK VS STOCK... I’ll take the power wagon with 33’s all day and walk the dog on that hummer EV.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GM and Ford are trying hard to catch up to Jeep and Ram. ”

ford had zero intention of competing neck to neck with pw. all they wanted to do was capture a small slice of the pie. pw sales are souring with these new models and ford knows it. the green one i posted last week i think was gone 2days later and ive seen a bunch of other new ones driving around. not sure if ford will get that slice or not, as alot of people as seeing the tremor as just a over priced gimmick. but theres still plenty of paying customers that wont know theyre just buying a standard truck with a couple added doodads and draining theier wallet of 5k or whatever that package cost.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@crazy jerry, I’ve never understood what drives some people to hop on bandwagon’s. I’m the type that prefers proven methods and trial and error chalked up to experience and gained knowledge. GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan etc... are doing this why won’t Ram yada, yada, yada, If you want another Truck other than Ram go buy it. No one will care or hate you for it, it’s your money and your choice. But for f#cks sake quit thinking something is better because everyone is talking about it. They can keep their independent front suspended Heavy Duty’s, I’ll never own one. I think Ram should actually go back to a straight axle 1500 as they held onto for year’s until they caved under pressure and went IFS. I won’t win any friends here saying that but I say what I mean.
I’m a 55 year old that enjoys the vehicle’s he owns because I buy them for what I want them for not because of a commercial or because everyone is talking about it. I’m an avid weight trainer, been doing it over 40 years and there is always something new in the gym, on line or in books and I can tell you that easiest way to stay in shape and stay healthy is to just exercise, no gimmicks, no special routine’s and no damned Guru’s.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Perhaps FCA will up the game and move to 35’s soon under competitive pressure. I consider Ford’s Tremor package more of a direct competitor than SUV’s.

I have zero interest in EV and therefore the Hummer will not be on my radar.

That said, it’s blind brand loyalty to believe GM can’t or won’t build a capable trail rig. As a former owner of both the H3 and ZR2 I can say that from experience.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i feel ram is the only hd truck worth buying. gm has no offroad qaulities that i can see. ford has to much front end problems that cant be easily or cheaply corrected. plus the coil rear end just kicks ass if you ask me

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m not completely sold on the safety aspects of EV, they still emit low level magnetic electrical waves which isn’t good for you. Before I retired I had worked in area with electrical control boxes and x-rays and had to wear a badge that collected data on EMF/rads exposure. So they can keep EV. Some of the biggest Cancer cluster’s are known to be from area’s that have the transmission tower power line’s in the area.

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m not completely sold on the safety aspects of EV, they still emit low level magnetic electrical waves which isn’t good for you. Before I retired I had worked in area with electrical control boxes and x-rays and had to wear a badge that collected data on EMF/rads exposure. So they can keep EV. Some of the biggest Cancer cluster’s are known to be from area’s that have the transmission tower power line’s in the area.

There's wisdom in this. EV's are being pushed because of political reason, not because of economics. As with every 'gain' there will be unintended consequence. People who tend to vote 'green' feel better because of the lack of combustion. But there is no real accounting of the collateral damage... strip mining of lithium, remote pollution from electrical plants, recycling path for used batteries at EoL, etc. Not to mention the unknown hazards of humans being in a highly electrified vehicle (radiation, post-crash fires, etc.)

The best selling non-Tesla EV was the Leaf and it sold 30K units in its peak year (2018). The reality of what the market is ready for an what those in politics would lead you to believe are two very different things.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's wisdom in this. EV's are being pushed because of political reason, not because of economics. As with every 'gain' there will be unintended consequence. People who tend to vote 'green' feel better because of the lack of combustion. But there is no real accounting of the collateral damage... strip mining of lithium, remote pollution from electrical plants, recycling path for used batteries at EoL, etc. Not to mention the unknown hazards of humans being in a highly electrified vehicle (radiation, post-crash fires, etc.)

The best selling non-Tesla EV was the Leaf and it sold 30K units in its peak year (2018). The reality of what the market is ready for an what those in politics would lead you to believe are two very different things.
Don’t even get me started on what too much fluoride does to you. Great for your teeth but makes you very passive and agreeable.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doesn’t anyone remember about the warnings about cell phones giving people tumors in the faces, jaws, ears and wear the carried it on their body. I’m not an alarmists or conspiracy theorist but come on people there’s truth in all this. And besides we all know Researchers in long white Lab coats give animals cancer! I’ll take an Old Dodge over a new Chevy and screw Ford trucks never ever entertained having one. Look at all the hoops Ford is going through to stay relevant, New Ford Bronco, whoopie’, no mare cars being produced except the Ford Mustang and that ugly as hell Mach E 4 door electric Mustang crossover.
Everyone wants a bite from Dodge and Jeep because they are dominating in real world 4x4 and SUV’s. I’m just hoping Ram brings back the Ramcharger in a full size 2 amd 4 door model.