HVAC and Radio switches not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My a/c and radio switchs are not working no light and they dont do anything

Only hazard button works

I can control radio and a/c from uconnect with no issues

Where is the fuse location for this controls?

OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any info would help, i checked every HVAC fuse in the fuse box all good

Its Ram 1500 2013 5.7L

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
have you pulled the center dash bezel off and checked the plugs haven't come loose?

OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No not yet, that would be strange

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
TIPM is one suspect for sure, you can run a bypass to check it. Google bypass TIPM and use a relay not needed like cig lighter. But if so weird you can access through u connect.

OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TIPM is one suspect for sure, you can run a bypass to check it. Google bypass TIPM and use a relay not needed like cig lighter. But if so weird you can access through u connect.
Whats TIPM?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I wonder if part of the ignition switch isn't working? puzzler for sure, stumped me.

TIPM is a FCA relay/fuse box. The issue is when they go out it usually is the solder joints inside TIPM and not a blown relay. Kinda of a silly way to do a fuse box if you ask me, they did away with it in later years.

OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked under bezel all connection are good.

If tipm is the problem its replacable, as the harness connects to it from under.

But im sure im missing a fuse somewhere
I checked under steering dash nothing to be seen.

I saw additional fusr box on the web, but not sure about location.
Attached photo

Screenshot_20210517-165615_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i still didnt manage to fix this :(

Tc3509

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant find those fuses either

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you say all fuses good, and U R able to control the functions from U-connect, then I doubt a fuse issue, more like a wire short/disconnect. U may have to trace wires back and using either and ohm meter or 12V tester, see if U can find short. My thought is: if options working but not the knobs, gotta be a wire/junction not plugged in going to the dash. BUT I could be 100% wrong. GL on finding the issue, sorry no real help here, I just remember there are like 5 modules plug into that ring just not sure what goes where. U could pull the cover, start truck, and using a tester see if U R even getting power to the wires that go to the 2 knobs, only thought I have.

ADDED: If U had the additional short fuse box, gotta be somewhere near the TIPM (fuse box), or wired off one of the main fuse lines at the end of the box with a heavy gauge wire to handle voltage going from it. A lot of PPL who run a lot of extra stuff put in auxiliary fuse boxes running off a main power lead and wire all their stuff into the auxiliary fuse block.

All above IMHO...................

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a single inline mini fuse all by itself on a small harness pretty much right beside the brake booster.
Follow the wires leading from the negative battery post about 6 to 8 inches. It is under a flip up cap and is yellow.
When a mechanic pulled that fuse to shut down my failed update radio I lost my a/c as well.
It is the yellow line in this pic

Attachments

• 20210629_120915.jpg
    20210629_120915.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a single inline mini fuse all by itself on a small harness pretty much right beside the brake booster.
Follow the wires leading from the negative battery post about 6 to 8 inches. It is under a flip up cap and is yellow.
When a mechanic pulled that fuse to shut down my failed update radio I lost my a/c as well.
It is the yellow line in this pic
i found this on other search the fuse is ok and for me, it powers the display only
so if you remove it the display will turn off

so now im on the process to by new switch panel and/or the A/C module that is in the dash at passenger side door

OP
OP
W

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i replaced the switch panel with a used one and now i got all my controls back !
i have no idea why would the stock one fail very sad

marc cormier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
you should try to disconnect the battery for a few minute, with all the electronic you'll be surprised how many trouble it can solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr