Hypertech Tuning Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crispycritters4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I'm new, done a search, and nothing prevailed. I have a 97 Ram, 5.2, K&N drop filter, nothing else really special. When I bought the truck, the kid left me the Hypertech Max Energy tuner. I have messed with this thing for a year now, and cant make up my mind if I'm really gaining anything. I know I can go to Superchips and all that, but I'm just gonna stick with what I got. But I am wondering if anybody has any settings or can attain the charts and settings from these results?

Last edited by a moderator:

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
what do you want to know? i dont have my book anymore. it went with the tuner when i sold it. i always thought there was a little performance gain. it was the only tuner i had that actually helped my mpg's a little. it is not the best one for performance though. superchips is a little better for performance. i have had the hyper max energy,jet chip stage 2, superchip 3815(which i still have in the closet), i now i use the sct with custom tunes via email. sct is the best for performance.

OP
OP
C

crispycritters4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Thanks for your help. I actually found that tune chart, but I was actually looking for the actual settings to get those gains. Obviously Hypertech doesn't do much for these trucks like the others, but yeah I was just wondering if anybody had the settings. Btw, how much does that SCT cost? Mine didn't come with a book either.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
around 350$ for a new superchip. and the 3 settings are performance,tow, and economy. if i remember right. pretty self explanitory.

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Geez... That's all you get for a programmer on a gasser???
clapsarcastic.gif

I know this is apples (gasser) and oranges (diesel)...

228/462 Stock...
truck.gif
Edge Comp 381/826 for a total gain of 153 HP / 364 TQ...
burn.gif

dyno.jpg

But I'd say with those small increases I would say its not a big gain at all...

Last edited: