Canadian vs US tuning - is there a difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavesCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Greetings all. Asking about my 2018 Ram. Is there a difference in the factory tuning between countries, and could this influence MPG?

When I got this in 2019, I had no idea but apparently this was a Canadian truck for the first year of its life. I had always thought that my MPG was a hair low, and in fact when I first looked at it, the MPG sheet in the window was exactly 1 mile less than what my research had told me.

My MPG seems to be dropping. The other day, I drove about 150 miles in KS at about 80 MPH and I am guessing my final tally will be something slightly less than 17, when I used to drive the same stretch and get a bit above 19. Seems like I used to turn about 2,000 RPMs and now am about 2,300 RPMs.

So, I am going to start a search for ways to improve this. My first is just understanding if there is a difference in the tune that explains my initial results of never really getting the mileage I expected, and the lower MPG number on the window sheet.

Probably will be another post to follow more about the mileage, I just like to try and isolate variables.

Tuscon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v-8
I would not think there is a difference, the tunes are no doubt generic for most same models I am betting. It would not be cost effective to individualize them all with different tunes. Even tuners you buy are generic unless you have them dyno tested to your personal preference.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Mine came from Canada and it seems in line with other 6.4's

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Pretty sure all NAFTA vehicles are tuned the same. The exception I could see would be California emissions & that would be on the build sheet