I found a way to receive your own PIN CODE without the dealer :)

Kevinfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I used the OBDLink MX OBD2 reader and downloaded an app called Pin Puller.
It says it need elm237 pr something but when you connect using Blietooth it says its using the MX like an ELM!! From this point you than click on the model vehcile you have and purchase some points. For pin code its 50 points and costs $19.99. After that cost start. It asks you to put your 4 way emergency lights on and the n click continue. Moments layer it shows VIN and your pin code!

Hope this helps others with reluctant dealers!!

jgrousmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I used the OBDLink MX OBD2 reader and downloaded an app called Pin Puller.
It says it need elm237 pr something but when you connect using Blietooth it says its using the MX like an ELM!! From this point you than click on the model vehcile you have and purchase some points. For pin code its 50 points and costs $19.99. After that cost start. It asks you to put your 4 way emergency lights on and the n click continue. Moments layer it shows VIN and your pin code!

Hope this helps others with reluctant dealers!!

I hope I don’t sound dumb, but what could you use the pin for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevinfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heres some screen shots

You must be registered for see images attach

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to see that it works.

I think we knew of the app but I didnt want to pay 15.00 to try and get my PIN without at least trying a couple dealers (first dealer I tried gave me the info without any issue, no charge)

Kevinfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I think we knew of the app but I didnt want to pay 15.00 to try and get my PIN without at least trying a couple dealers (first dealer I tried gave me the info without any issue, no charge)

Here in Canada they are very sticky. Even called FCA and they would not release it. Chrysler Canada district manger said it won't happen!. Dealer ship said they have never given it out and would not. Well here is for all Canadians!!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats crazy. What if you ever need to reset your radio? Do they make you pay for that code too?

Seriously think its a load of crap that you cant freely get the PIN for your own darn truck. Some US dealers seem to be taking advantage of the situation too, luckily mine did not. If they had, I would have paid for the PIN puller instead just out of spite for the dealer.

I imagine locksmiths can get it too, but the equipment they use to do so is not cheap, so Im guessing it wouldn't be free (or it would be rolled into the cost of having them sell and program a new fob for you)

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If this app can do it why hasn't alfaobd integrated it into their app? Wonder if they could?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

My guess is the developer is trying to stay out of the gray area of being a "hacker" app that could be used for no good. And I'm all for that, I don't want AlfaOBD getting taken down.