I got 3 lights on my dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hope this is the right spot to post this, but here we go

I got 3 lights lit up on my dashboard, ABS light, 4wd\ESP (its in the center of the dashboard below the screen) and the traction control light. I plugged in my obd reader but its not pulling up any codes. the truck seems to be driving fine. 2 days ago I had some weird feedback in my brake pedal like the brakes were grabbing on side more then the other. I took my front tires as the front bakes i replaced 2 weeks ago. but the pads looked fine there was no slop in the rotors and i made sure everything was tightened down. ever since i did all that i have had no more issues with my brakes. anybody have any ideas?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Are they still on or did they just light up and went away? If they are no longer lit up it was just your truck letting you know that the traction control was activated ... that happened to me about a month ago ... so it did it's job ...

Now if they are still on then you might have a damaged sensor somewhere ...

OP
OP
CrasherAsher

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yea they are still on. all 3 lights they wont go away. that could cover so many different sensors and with no code it is going to be hard to track down witch one

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Unless specified most OBD readers read just Powertrain (P) codes, yours are most likely ABS (C) codes. I think AlfaOBD may be able to pull the error codes from the ABS module.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Using AlphaOBD you'd have much better results and more than likely it will tell you the code for the exact speed sensor if that were the issue. You can also graph each sensor to check operation.

If you don't want the initial investment, you'll need to have it checked for ABS codes by a capable scanner.

ctwalton15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just giving my 2 cents from a couple similar experiences. My 09 1500, If I hit a large enough pot hole or giant bump it would cause a loss in communication with the left rear speed sensor. I was able to scan the code since it was a speed sensor. Yours does sound exactly like a speed sensor or abs sensor. I will say when mine cause my lights to come on my trans would down shift like instantly because again of the speed sensor. Wasn't a big deal its only happen a few times in the past almost 2 years just with big bumps. But since yours stay on I would say one of those sensors are truly faulty.

I also worked on a newer chrysler 200 that had a bad speed sensor, caused a ton of lights to come on and a bunch of codes to set because of it. brake light, abs light, traction control, service awd system which forced it into 2wd. Yea i'd bet its one of those sensors. not too much of a pain in the ass just annoying.

OP
OP
CrasherAsher

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
would the scanners the autozone people use be able to pull it up?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Most likely no, they mostly use just an generic code engine code scanner. You need a scanner that can read ABS module codes. Any reputable shop should be able to read them.