I have a tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianMiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I had to put new lifters and cam into my 16 ram 1500. Now I have a tick. It doesn't do it at startup. It takes around 6-10 min to start ticking. My bro in law, who did the lifter and cam repair, says it's not an exhaust leak. He used a stethoscope and he says it's in the engine, but it's past his knowledge. I can't hear it in the truck while I'm driving but it's pretty obvious when I'm outside the truck. Any clues what it could be?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I had to put new lifters and cam into my 16 ram 1500. Now I have a tick. It doesn't do it at startup. It takes around 6-10 min to start ticking. My bro in law, who did the lifter and cam repair, says it's not an exhaust leak. He used a stethoscope and he says it's in the engine, but it's past his knowledge. I can't hear it in the truck while I'm driving but it's pretty obvious when I'm outside the truck. Any clues what it could be?
what brand lifters did he use? Have brand new lifters in my truck ticking away right now bout to do a big roat trip hoping to break em in a bit.