tick, yep, again, another

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

0x00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It turns out that the 'feet' on the bottom of spring damper shroud break off, allowing the shroud to work it's way up.

OP
OP

0x00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced over weekend with Melling USA boxed parts. They look identical, same paint stripe and same last 4 digits of part number (1450), new shrouded design.
The latest Melling replacement listed is VS2490 (no shrouds) but I couldn't obtain them quickly. If the VS1450 fail like their predecessors, I'll return to AZ and get the 2490 from RA and do it all a third time.
There are now 80 total minus 31 still attached minus 34 found loose in heads = 15 'new hemi spring style shroud tabs' in the oil pan. We'll see how many I can get out when I change the oil before next winter (usually November). Melling tech support was helpful trying to find me the latest offering in Denver (no stock) but hasn't yet answered 'how likely are these vs1450 to fail just like the EngineWreck parts?'

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat