i upgraded to limited panels need help with a wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I currently have a big horn.

there is a wire on the back of the limited panels for a light on the door. where does this plug in at?

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have a big horn.

there is a wire on the back of the limited panels for a light on the door. where does this plug in at?
I don’t know the answer but I look forward to seeing pics of the new panels!

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
There is a thread in the D.I.Y section on it.You basically won't get them to work.I have them on mine and won't even bother trying after reading it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think there is settings for the door illumination that are changeable in AlfaOBD to enable it.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Check out page 5. Looks like you tap C5 on the door module for your lighting.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/laramie-interior-handles.80544/page-5

Cincy is correct. The two wires for the door bezel lights go to the C5 connector of the door module which you will see in the thread he posted. I pasted a photo of my C5 connector (disconnected from the Door Module). The two wires you see right in the middle with a white tab on them are the door bezel wires which go to slots #3 and #9 of the C5 connector. After pinning them you would then need to activate the door bezel lights in the BCM.

PS...please note that your 2 wires maybe a different color than mine since I added the door bezel loghts using a custom harness by M2Mods.

429587[/ATTACH]']Zu0uZUnl.jpg

Attachments

• Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Cincy is correct. The two wires for the door bezel lights go to the C5 connector of the door module which you will see in the thread he posted. I pasted a photo of my C5 connector (disconnected from the Door Module). The two wires you see right in the middle with a white tab on them are the door bezel wires which go to slots #3 and #9 of the C5 connector. After pinning them you would then need to activate the door bezel lights in the BCM.

PS...please note that your 2 wires maybe a different color than mine since I added the door bezel loghts using a custom harness by M2Mods.

429607[/ATTACH]']Zu0uZUnl.jpg

Can they make a custom harness to make this plug and play?

Attachments

• Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    Zu0uZUnl.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Can they make a custom harness to make this plug and play?

I would think DeereGuy should be able to, he made me my harness for this. Get in touch with him, great guy to deal with. Just keep in mind that he has his main job that keeps him quite busy and travels. I have bought numerous harnesses from both of them. You may need to send some pics of your wiring on the new panel. Also keep in mind that you need to activate the setting (its just one) in the BCM.