Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage IV suspension installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11BPSMIKE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put airbags in mine stock for the outlander and it's a night and day difference.

dirtridersr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not sure if you already posted but how much did this set up cost you?? looks good!

OP
OP
Gymkata

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a 10% military discount I got it shipped for a little under 3 grand.

OP
OP
Gymkata

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, FYI to everybody. This kit didn't come with installation instructions. It wasn't too difficult to figure out, but it did take my buddy and I a whole morning to put it on.

I just called Icon and confirmed you have to cut the passenger plastic rear fender liner to fit the piggy back shock reservoir. If you look at the driver's side rear, the piggy back points directly forward toward the driver and it doesn't interfere with the fender liner at all, but on the passenger rear the piggy sticks out at a 45 degree angle toward the rear since it has to clear the brake lines under full compression.

Icon is currently "developing" installation instructions for the kit...lol...but they did just confirm to me you must cut the plastic liner on that side to make it fit.

Tbailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little late but how did your cv joints hold up with the lift. Any vibration in the front? Did the kit come with anything to adress the issue?

McRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little late but how did your cv joints hold up with the lift. Any vibration in the front? Did the kit come with anything to adress the issue?

No vibration at all on mine - installed two months ago. Same as above - like floating over the road. CV angled don't change much, just the additional travel and a slight amount of lift. Replacement UCAs help with the geometry, also

OP
OP
Gymkata

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No front vibration at all. The suspension came with new UCAs.

gator_79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry to resurrect an older thread but I plan on getting this set-up and pairing it with a 295/60/20 tire on a 20x9 +1 wheel, I see you are running 295/70/18 which is a little larger than what I will be getting. I contacted ICON about tire size as the recommended size for this kit is listed as 33's, their response was "we cannot answer that question because we never put tires larger than our recommended size". Do you have any issues with your tire and lift combo that I should be worried about? BTW, great looking truck!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A tire does not change the geometry of your suspension.

Am I missing something here?

Would a shock be restricted to a certian tire size?

IMO

gator_79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I understand tires don't change the geometry, but ICON's website states this kit will only clear a 33" tire. I am trying to get conformation that a tire roughly 34" will clear. The OP is running a tire 34.5, slightly larger than what I'm looking for, but I was trying to get an answer from an owner, if any trimming or any other mods were involved.

TheRealCap11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Awesome truck, great looking lift. Interested in a set-up like yours, but curious to know how it does at highway speeds. You state that it does well around town soaking up bumps, but a long highway commute to work has me questioning every thought i have about a lift.

Any input is valuable! Thanks.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome truck, great looking lift. Interested in a set-up like yours, but curious to know how it does at highway speeds. You state that it does well around town soaking up bumps, but a long highway commute to work has me questioning every thought i have about a lift.

Icon is known to have very good on-road mannerisms.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I have a 60 mile round trip commute on highway and country road so I went with a level instead of a lift. Amazing how much better it drives than when it was stock.

OP
OP
Gymkata

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand tires don't change the geometry, but ICON's website states this kit will only clear a 33" tire. I am trying to get conformation that a tire roughly 34" will clear. The OP is running a tire 34.5, slightly larger than what I'm looking for, but I was trying to get an answer from an owner, if any trimming or any other mods were involved.

There is no rubbing under any conditions and no trimming was involved...just made sure I purchased an appropriate offset wheel.

OP
OP
Gymkata

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The Icon suspension performs well at all speeds. I've had it up to a little over 100 mph on the Cooper STT Pros. You will only run into issues at higher speeds with vibration if you have aggressive tires, improperly balanced tires, poor alignment, etc.