If You’re Really Going to Service 8HP70 Trans on Your Driveway ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the bump is the Backlash in the rear end, and the slip joint spline on the drive shaft, my new Ram is doing this at times if I give it a little throttle and have to stop or slow down i get a clunk, I'm going to grease my spline to see if it takes some of this away.

I had this problem on my former 08 FJ Cruiser (it was a common problem with early FJs). Greasing the slip yoke would fix the problem for ~20k miles, then it would come back. Re-grease again and problem gone (the problem doesn't hurt anything, it's just annoying).

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
great write up and good detail. which flavor of the maxlife did you use?

Valvoline Maxlife is one flavor for all. It's really great ATF fluid. I've used it in every vehicle I've owned for the past 10 years (Multiple Ford vehicles, multiple Toyota vehicles, and a VW Passat). All of them ran perfect with Maxlife. I've also used it in the transfer case of my old 98 Jeep.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The whole procedure for checking the fluid at specific temps is pretty common now on multiple brands of cars/trucks. I just miss having a dipstick....makes checking/filling so much easier. Sad that almost all brands are taking the dipstick away.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Well... I did my fluid and ppe pan about a month ago. Here's my less than perfect experience

My truck has TufTruck springs in the back so the rear is higher significantly than the front, as it is, so I didn't have a problem with pumping in the new fluid...

I screwed around with trying to level the truck... But didn't have jack stands or jack, so just rolled front wheels onto double 2*4s which helped level the front up a little bit.

So I've had enough of my fun with this procedure, installed the new ppe pan, and at the end just pumped in the new fluid, and plugged the fill hole before letting the excess flood drain out.

I followed all the instructions on the official green page, except able to lift up the rear wheels to spin the wheels, and truck wasn't exactly super leveled...with rear jacked up a bit higher. I might have overfilled a little bit, but should be within half quart of what came out. So far everything is good after about a month.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well... I did my fluid and ppe pan about a month ago. Here's my less than perfect experience

My truck has TufTruck springs in the back so the rear is higher significantly than the front, as it is, so I didn't have a problem with pumping in the new fluid...

I screwed around with trying to level the truck... But didn't have jack stands or jack, so just rolled front wheels onto double 2*4s which helped level the front up a little bit.

So I've had enough of my fun with this procedure, installed the new ppe pan, and at the end just pumped in the new fluid, and plugged the fill hole before letting the excess flood drain out.

I followed all the instructions on the official green page, except able to lift up the rear wheels to spin the wheels, and truck wasn't exactly super leveled...with rear jacked up a bit higher. I might have overfilled a little bit, but should be within half quart of what came out. So far everything is good after about a month.

If i was you,i'd find some way to get the rear tires in the air high enough that when you put a small bubble level on the pan rails,they are level in both directions. You should have the rear wheels at least 8" off the ground,so you're Tuff truck springs probably don't bring the truck up anywhere near high enough to level the pan rails,especially if you lifted the front tires up with blocks.It's your truck,but if it was my truck,i'd be redoing the procedure and following it to a "T" just to be safe. The trannies aren't cheap,and it'd suck if you took it out,because of the fluid level being low or incorrect.Just my 02 though

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Valvoline Maxlife is one flavor for all. It's really great ATF fluid. I've used it in every vehicle I've owned for the past 10 years (Multiple Ford vehicles, multiple Toyota vehicles, and a VW Passat). All of them ran perfect with Maxlife. I've also used it in the transfer case of my old 98 Jeep.

looking at the specs it appears it is a one fits all, says meets ZF spec and many others.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
If i was you,i'd find some way to get the rear tires in the air high enough that when you put a small bubble level on the pan rails,they are level in both directions. You should have the rear wheels at least 8" off the ground,so you're Tuff truck springs probably don't bring the truck up anywhere near high enough to level the pan rails,especially if you lifted the front tires up with blocks.It's your truck,but if it was my truck,i'd be redoing the procedure and following it to a "T" just to be safe. The trannies aren't cheap,and it'd suck if you took it out,because of the fluid level being low or incorrect.Just my 02 though

Thanks, I may re fill the pan once more and double check the fill.

The rear of my truck is jacked up pretty high because of the tuf truck springs, and also because my truck doesn't have any load in the bed. Even after I added double 2*4s under front wheels, the rear was still higher than the front... Also my driveway is tilted and not flat... So I'm afraid to jack it up for safety reasons Lol

I drained 5 quarts of old fluid, and it took about 7 quarts before fluid start coming out from fill hole, since the new ppe pan holds 2 quarts more than the stock pan, so I think that worst case I may have overfill it by less than 0.5 quarts.

I still have 2 new bottles of oem fluid left, so I may just buy more and do drain fill once again to flush more of diluted fluid out

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks, I may re fill the pan once more and double check the fill.

The rear of my truck is jacked up pretty high because of the tuf truck springs, and also because my truck doesn't have any load in the bed. Even after I added double 2*4s under front wheels, the rear was still higher than the front... Also my driveway is tilted and not flat... So I'm afraid to jack it up for safety reasons Lol

I drained 5 quarts of old fluid, and it took about 7 quarts before fluid start coming out from fill hole, since the new ppe pan holds 2 quarts more than the stock pan, so I think that worst case I may have overfill it by less than 0.5 quarts.

I still have 2 new bottles of oem fluid left, so I may just buy more and do drain fill once again to flush more of diluted fluid out

Block the front tires solidly,before you jack the rear tires up. The rear has to be in the air a fair ways before the transmission pan rails are level front to rear,and side to side.A small bubble level is all you really need to use on the rails to check them for level.

ronr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great write up! Thank you. I think we all know the value of a good write up or video. I’d like to see the thoughts out there with a different way to go about the fluid change. I had a Chevy Malibu that I flushed. The only difference with that sealed tranny, was it had a fill hole on top. Without getting into fine detail... it went something to the way of, drain 3 qts-add 3qts. Pull the return line out of the radiator and install clear tube. Start The car and pump 3 qts, stop and add 3 qts. Continue till clean. Run at temp and add to fill.
this worked great for the Malibu. Easy and clean. I’d like to get all your thoughts on this style of a change. Of course this doesn’t give a filter change unless you drop the pan. Thanks guys. As always, lots of great reads!

OP
OP
Funkychateau

Funkychateau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the bump is the Backlash in the rear end, and the slip joint spline on the drive shaft, my new Ram is doing this at times if I give it a little throttle and have to stop or slow down i get a clunk, I'm going to grease my spline to see if it takes some of this away.

Is there a good write-up or video you’d recommend for performing this maintenance?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just what others on here have posted, you have to remove the driveshaft from the transfer case, remove the 4 bolts from the differential and clean inside the spline as best you can and pack it with some wheel bearing grease, if you have a 2 peace shaft you have 2 splines to clean and repack. should take care of the Bump.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Block the front tires solidly,before you jack the rear tires up. The rear has to be in the air a fair ways before the transmission pan rails are level front to rear,and side to side.A small bubble level is all you really need to use on the rails to check them for level.
The procedure calls for running the truck through the gears under no load (wheels off the ground), so that part couldn't have been done either.

I have a feeling that part is important, to get the fresh fluid up to temp and provide an accurate level reading and have the fluid expand enough to drain out when the fill plug is removed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much fluid is typically added after running the trans through the gears after refill? 1/2 quart? Full quart?

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Don’t undertake this project if you are not willing to do the research, watch the videos, and ensure that you comprehend the procedures. Know what you’re getting into, and be honest with yourself about your mechanical aptitude and physical limitations.

Having said that, let me add that this isn’t rocket science and requires no “special” tools other than a torque wrench, two metric allen wrenches, some sort of sump gun (I used the type for servicing differentials), a small level, and a torx bit. I’m 66 years old, never serviced an automatic transmission in my entire life, and I am extremely pleased with the outcome.

This service even mitigated a snatching/jerking condition during low-load acceleration that had been steadily worsening over the past three or so years. Don’t know if the problem was caused by filter restrictions or degraded fluid, because obviously I replaced both.

I’d like to offer some specific pointers to anyone doing this for the very first time:

1. Don’t read just one description or watch just one video. Many of these documentaries gloss over one or more important points. Utilize a number of different sources, and make sure you understand the entire procedure.

2. Decide whether you must have factory parts and fluid. This is basically an economic choice. My own research convinced me that I would do no harm by using tried-and-true aftermarket items. I chose the Dorman 265-850 pan with replaceable filter, and Valvoline Maxlife transmission fluid. Both seem to work perfectly. I found the pan for $114 at Rockauto.com, and the fluid for $18 a gallon at Walmart. You’ll have to buy two gallons, but you’ll actually use maybe five quarts. Next time I change fluid and filter, I’ll keep the same pan and just replace the filter element for about $40.

3. Level the transmission pan’s mounting surface to obtain an accurate fluid fill. Members slickracer, Tim Garceau, and Wild One mention in the comments that the transmission is installed with an upward slope (rear to front). This means that, on a level parking surface, the fill-plug opening will be “low”, as will the final fluid level. This slope is difficult to judge when laying underneath the vehicle, so get a level and use it. My driveway slopes between 4-1/2 and 5 inches over the distance occupied by my truck’s wheelbase. Backing into the driveway, then adding a couple of paving stones beneath each rear wheel, resulted in a level transmission (as measured at the pan-mounting surface). Having the pavers under the tires also gave me a small but welcome amount of extra clearance to crawl beneath the truck.

4. Be sure you have all tools on hand before beginning. You’ll need a 10-mm allen wrench for the drain plug and an 8-mm allen wrench for the fill plug. You’ll also need some sort of extension handle for the 8-mm wrench, because the fill plug will be tight. The 10-mm drain plug is plastic, and easily loosened (about 6 foot-pounds). The pan bolts require a T40 torx bit. A 4” to 6” extension for the torx bit will also be needed to reach all the bolts. Oh, and a long-sleeve shirt. More about that later.

5. With the truck leveled, loosen the drain plug. You don’t need to remove it, just turn counter-clockwise until the fluid starts running out. Let it run until it stops dripping, then re-tighten the plug. You can now remove the pan without spilling fluid all over the place. There are 13 pan bolts. Loosen them all, then remove all but one near the back. Leave this one loose, but in place, to support the pan while you free up the front. The pan will stay attached near the front because the pick-up tube from the filter fits fairly tightly into the transmission’s pump inlet. Wiggle the front of the pan while pulling down, until you feel this connection pull free, then finish removing the remaining rear bolt. Lower the pan carefully and set it aside.

6. Wipe the gasket mating surface with a clean rag, lubricate the pan gasket and the O-ring on the filter’s pick-up tube with some clean fluid, and install the new pan. Lightly snug up all the bolts. Tighten the bolts by skipping from side to side, starting in the center and alternately working out toward the front and rear. This helps prevent buckling of the plastic surface. If you bought the Dorman pan, the torque spec is 10 Newton-meters, or a little less than 90 inch-pounds. I worked up to this in three steps, torquing everything to 30, then 60, then 88 inch-pounds. “Test” the new pan’s drain plug with the 10-mm Allen wrench to make sure it was shipped “tight”. Mine was. Remember, max is only about 6 foot-pounds - don’t strip it!

7. Use the 8-mm allen wrench (with extension) to remove the fill plug.
This plug is located just above the rear passenger-side corner of the pan. On my truck (2014 1500 2WD crew cab), the plug is near the “Y” junction of the two exhaust-header pipes. Using the sump gun, add fluid until it dribbles out of the fill hole. Do not re-install the plug.

8. NOW IS THE TIME to figure out how you are going to re-install the fill plug without touching the exhaust pipes! It looks easy in all the videos, but with no clearance to move your body or even turn over, transmission fluid running down your arm, hot exhaust pipes an inch from the back of your hand, and only a minute or so to complete the task before the transmission temperature goes above the calibration range, you won’t have time to fumble around.

9. OK, now you are about to bring the transmission fluid up to the final fill level. Starting the engine will lower the fluid level as the pump draws fluid from the pan. You will then use the sump gun to add more fluid until the level is once again even with the bottom of the fill hole. Once this has been done, the fill plug can ONLY be out when the engine is running. Why? Because as soon as the engine is turned off, drain-back from the transmission will raise the fluid level in the pan substantially above the fill hole, and too much will run out. The fluid level must align with the bottom of the fill hole with the engine running, and with the transmission temperature within the calibration range.

10. Lay the drain plug and 8-mm allen wrench where you can quickly grab them. Crawl out from underneath the truck and put on the long-sleeve shirt (remember the long-sleeve shirt?). Turn the key to “run”, without starting the engine, and set the instrument panel to display transmission temperature. Start the engine and verify that the transmission temperature is at or below the lower end (86 degrees F) of the fluid-level-calibration range. Note - It’s August and I’m in Texas, so I had to do this in the early morning to get a starting temperature in the 80s. If it were winter, I’d have to let everything warm up to minimum before beginning to add fluid.

11. After the idle speed drops, with your foot firmly on the brake, shift into drive for about 30 seconds, reverse for about 30 seconds, then back to park. Also, several authors recommended holding RPM around 2000 for about 30 seconds (in park, obviously). Note - some sources I read said neutral, others said park. I believe the pump runs in park as well as neutral, because the fluid level stays “dropped” (no drainback). So I used “park”.

12. Now the fun begins. QUICKLY get your ass back under the truck and start pumping in more fluid until it again dribbles out the fill hole. Then put the fill plug back in and tighten it. This is where the long-sleeve shirt comes in handy. Those exhaust pipes heat up considerably faster than the transmission, and you CANNOT shut the engine off until the plug is back in, or you lose fluid because of drain-back. I had to “grin and bear it”, getting blisters on the back of my hand as well as the inside of my forearm. Next time, I’ll wear the shirt.

13. Now get back up to the cab and verify that the transmission temperature hasn’t gone over 122 degrees F, the upper end of the calibration range. If all is well, go check for leaks and then take a test drive. I was absolutely AMAZED at how much smoother my truck drove immediately after this service. The jerking and shuddering had gotten bad enough that passengers were asking about it.

14. After a few days of driving, I plan to re-check the fluid level in case I had trapped air anywhere in the plumbing. At least one procedure I read mentioned the possibility of fluid levels dropping a little after a transmission-cooler thermostat opened. But first I’m going to locate a sacrificial long-sleeve shirt.

15. I also realize that this service probably leaves about 1/3 of the old fluid in the system. Because my old fluid had 184,000 miles on it, I may do a simple “drain and re-fill”, without removing the pan, in the near future. This will dilute the remaining old fluid down to only about 1/9 of the total. It will only cost me about $18, because I can use the partial gallon of fluid I have left and buy only one additional gallon.

Thank you for making me glad my truck has the RFE, but also, thank you for reminding me that my 300 has the 8 speed. When the time comes, the dealer is gonna have a fun time with that one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know is an older thread but one question for the OP, did you run the transmission up to temp before doing the initial drain of the old fluid? some say do it after setting when all fluid has ran out of transmission, others say do when warm so to remove any suspended solids with old fluid.
just received the PPE pan I ordered and am going to do this soon.

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
not doing it today but did a test on getting the transmission pan rails level, wow had to really raise the back end about a foot and still not enough, think will try raising the rear as much as I can and let the air out of the front tires to level it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Don’t undertake this project if you are not willing to do the research, watch the videos, and ensure that you comprehend the procedures. Know what you’re getting into, and be honest with yourself about your mechanical aptitude and physical limitations.

Having said that, let me add that this isn’t rocket science and requires no “special” tools other than a torque wrench, two metric allen wrenches, some sort of sump gun (I used the type for servicing differentials), a small level, and a torx bit. I’m 66 years old, never serviced an automatic transmission in my entire life, and I am extremely pleased with the outcome.

This service even mitigated a snatching/jerking condition during low-load acceleration that had been steadily worsening over the past three or so years. Don’t know if the problem was caused by filter restrictions or degraded fluid, because obviously I replaced both.

I’d like to offer some specific pointers to anyone doing this for the very first time:

1. Don’t read just one description or watch just one video. Many of these documentaries gloss over one or more important points. Utilize a number of different sources, and make sure you understand the entire procedure.

2. Decide whether you must have factory parts and fluid. This is basically an economic choice. My own research convinced me that I would do no harm by using tried-and-true aftermarket items. I chose the Dorman 265-850 pan with replaceable filter, and Valvoline Maxlife transmission fluid. Both seem to work perfectly. I found the pan for $114 at Rockauto.com, and the fluid for $18 a gallon at Walmart. You’ll have to buy two gallons, but you’ll actually use maybe five quarts. Next time I change fluid and filter, I’ll keep the same pan and just replace the filter element for about $40.

3. Level the transmission pan’s mounting surface to obtain an accurate fluid fill. Members slickracer, Tim Garceau, and Wild One mention in the comments that the transmission is installed with an upward slope (rear to front). This means that, on a level parking surface, the fill-plug opening will be “low”, as will the final fluid level. This slope is difficult to judge when laying underneath the vehicle, so get a level and use it. My driveway slopes between 4-1/2 and 5 inches over the distance occupied by my truck’s wheelbase. Backing into the driveway, then adding a couple of paving stones beneath each rear wheel, resulted in a level transmission (as measured at the pan-mounting surface). Having the pavers under the tires also gave me a small but welcome amount of extra clearance to crawl beneath the truck.

4. Be sure you have all tools on hand before beginning. You’ll need a 10-mm allen wrench for the drain plug and an 8-mm allen wrench for the fill plug. You’ll also need some sort of extension handle for the 8-mm wrench, because the fill plug will be tight. The 10-mm drain plug is plastic, and easily loosened (about 6 foot-pounds). The pan bolts require a T40 torx bit. A 4” to 6” extension for the torx bit will also be needed to reach all the bolts. Oh, and a long-sleeve shirt. More about that later.

5. With the truck leveled, loosen the drain plug. You don’t need to remove it, just turn counter-clockwise until the fluid starts running out. Let it run until it stops dripping, then re-tighten the plug. You can now remove the pan without spilling fluid all over the place. There are 13 pan bolts. Loosen them all, then remove all but one near the back. Leave this one loose, but in place, to support the pan while you free up the front. The pan will stay attached near the front because the pick-up tube from the filter fits fairly tightly into the transmission’s pump inlet. Wiggle the front of the pan while pulling down, until you feel this connection pull free, then finish removing the remaining rear bolt. Lower the pan carefully and set it aside.

6. Wipe the gasket mating surface with a clean rag, lubricate the pan gasket and the O-ring on the filter’s pick-up tube with some clean fluid, and install the new pan. Lightly snug up all the bolts. Tighten the bolts by skipping from side to side, starting in the center and alternately working out toward the front and rear. This helps prevent buckling of the plastic surface. If you bought the Dorman pan, the torque spec is 10 Newton-meters, or a little less than 90 inch-pounds. I worked up to this in three steps, torquing everything to 30, then 60, then 88 inch-pounds. “Test” the new pan’s drain plug with the 10-mm Allen wrench to make sure it was shipped “tight”. Mine was. Remember, max is only about 6 foot-pounds - don’t strip it!

7. Use the 8-mm allen wrench (with extension) to remove the fill plug.
This plug is located just above the rear passenger-side corner of the pan. On my truck (2014 1500 2WD crew cab), the plug is near the “Y” junction of the two exhaust-header pipes. Using the sump gun, add fluid until it dribbles out of the fill hole. Do not re-install the plug.

8. NOW IS THE TIME to figure out how you are going to re-install the fill plug without touching the exhaust pipes! It looks easy in all the videos, but with no clearance to move your body or even turn over, transmission fluid running down your arm, hot exhaust pipes an inch from the back of your hand, and only a minute or so to complete the task before the transmission temperature goes above the calibration range, you won’t have time to fumble around.

9. OK, now you are about to bring the transmission fluid up to the final fill level. Starting the engine will lower the fluid level as the pump draws fluid from the pan. You will then use the sump gun to add more fluid until the level is once again even with the bottom of the fill hole. Once this has been done, the fill plug can ONLY be out when the engine is running. Why? Because as soon as the engine is turned off, drain-back from the transmission will raise the fluid level in the pan substantially above the fill hole, and too much will run out. The fluid level must align with the bottom of the fill hole with the engine running, and with the transmission temperature within the calibration range.

10. Lay the drain plug and 8-mm allen wrench where you can quickly grab them. Crawl out from underneath the truck and put on the long-sleeve shirt (remember the long-sleeve shirt?). Turn the key to “run”, without starting the engine, and set the instrument panel to display transmission temperature. Start the engine and verify that the transmission temperature is at or below the lower end (86 degrees F) of the fluid-level-calibration range. Note - It’s August and I’m in Texas, so I had to do this in the early morning to get a starting temperature in the 80s. If it were winter, I’d have to let everything warm up to minimum before beginning to add fluid.

11. After the idle speed drops, with your foot firmly on the brake, shift into drive for about 30 seconds, reverse for about 30 seconds, then back to park. Also, several authors recommended holding RPM around 2000 for about 30 seconds (in park, obviously). Note - some sources I read said neutral, others said park. I believe the pump runs in park as well as neutral, because the fluid level stays “dropped” (no drainback). So I used “park”.

12. Now the fun begins. QUICKLY get your ass back under the truck and start pumping in more fluid until it again dribbles out the fill hole. Then put the fill plug back in and tighten it. This is where the long-sleeve shirt comes in handy. Those exhaust pipes heat up considerably faster than the transmission, and you CANNOT shut the engine off until the plug is back in, or you lose fluid because of drain-back. I had to “grin and bear it”, getting blisters on the back of my hand as well as the inside of my forearm. Next time, I’ll wear the shirt.

13. Now get back up to the cab and verify that the transmission temperature hasn’t gone over 122 degrees F, the upper end of the calibration range. If all is well, go check for leaks and then take a test drive. I was absolutely AMAZED at how much smoother my truck drove immediately after this service. The jerking and shuddering had gotten bad enough that passengers were asking about it.

14. After a few days of driving, I plan to re-check the fluid level in case I had trapped air anywhere in the plumbing. At least one procedure I read mentioned the possibility of fluid levels dropping a little after a transmission-cooler thermostat opened. But first I’m going to locate a sacrificial long-sleeve shirt.

15. I also realize that this service probably leaves about 1/3 of the old fluid in the system. Because my old fluid had 184,000 miles on it, I may do a simple “drain and re-fill”, without removing the pan, in the near future. This will dilute the remaining old fluid down to only about 1/9 of the total. It will only cost me about $18, because I can use the partial gallon of fluid I have left and buy only one additional gallon.

Amen, nice job. As long as we keep buying this ****, they will keep building this ****, just saying. With what I know, I'd never buy an 8 speed, if I found the little scrawny never serviced a car guy who built this, I'd ring his neck. Easy couple nights in jail for sure.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rick-I hate to run you out in front of the parade but----if anyone has any questions about servicing that 8 speed Wild one would be the person to listen to! He has the experience and receipts for new trans purchases to prove his experiences, good and bad---LOL
Jay

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rick-I hate to run you out in front of the parade but----if anyone has any questions about servicing that 8 speed Wildman would be the person to listen to! He has the experience and receipts for new trans purchases to prove his experiences, good and bad---LOL
Jay
LOL thanks Jay.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
not doing it today but did a test on getting the transmission pan rails level, wow had to really raise the back end about a foot and still not enough, think will try raising the rear as much as I can and let the air out of the front tires to level it.

You can damn near walk under the rear bumper by the time the pan rails are level,lol.