If your thinking of a k&n cai system....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I own a K&M and IMHO, I notice nothing more than the cool sound. I firmly believe that the OEM intake, especially if a more freely flowing filter is used, is probably just as good a CAI as any, and better than most. It's not like the old days where the intake was drawing from directly behind the radiator inside the engine bay.

In reality, the K&N draws air from EXACTLY the same place as the OEM, and even though it probably flows better, it also probably does a worse job of insulating against warm air intrusion,

Agreed, small minimal gains while allowing more trash to enter the engine. If your going to change it you need to change the direction of the air and how it enters the TB. Shortest straight through path usually works... vararam comes to mind and probably why it’s the best performing intake offered for the ram.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would bet if a cold air intake like this would give HP figures like posted I would have to say Ram would of come up with something similar . Freeing up hp usually increases MPG also so I feel pretty sure Ram would take advantage of this . For what these trucks weigh a gain of 10 hp would lower your ET maybe .10 . Do you really think your high tech butt dynos would feel .10 in a 1/4 mile. I doubt it

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would bet if a cold air intake like this would give HP figures like posted I would have to say Ram would of come up with something similar . Freeing up hp usually increases MPG also so I feel pretty sure Ram would take advantage of this . For what these trucks weigh a gain of 10 hp would lower your ET maybe .10 . Do you really think your high tech butt dynos would feel .10 in a 1/4 mile. I doubt it
The new dodge Daytona's have this type of setup.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

Yeah, people need to start going to the track to realize how you won’t notice a gain of a couple tenths other then seeing it on a slip.

I Bleed Ram Trucks