If You've Been Looking For an Affordable Set of Fuel Filters For Your Cummins, This is the Place

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Glad you caught this before you fell victim. Getting one of the Chinese knockoffs can be a hair pulling experience. My father made the mistake. Luckily he did it in my driveway and I was able to diagnose the issue and somewhat document it.
I went over it in this thread when I read another member here could not get his truck running after the filter change.
Post in thread 'Starts then dies right after' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/starts-then-dies-right-after.197889/post-2769221

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Glad you caught this before you fell victim. Getting one of the Chinese knockoffs can be a hair pulling experience. My father made the mistake. Luckily he did it in my driveway and I was able to diagnose the issue and somewhat document it.
I went over it in this thread when I read another member here could not get his truck running after the filter change.
Post in thread 'Starts then dies right after' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/starts-then-dies-right-after.197889/post-2769221

Yes, indeed. And that outfit states they are one of eBay's most reputable sellers. :-/ Hopefully my thread help shed light on this, as I too was in need of enlightenment.

MTDewX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what about Doc's diesel? I know I regen more with their air filters and that Is frustrating. so I still with OEM. but fuel/Oil filters?

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
what about Doc's diesel? I know I regen more with their air filters and that Is frustrating. so I still with OEM. but fuel/Oil filters?
Donaldson Blue oil filters are great. I have noticed they do keep the oil cleaner. I found mine on eBay, from Florida. A twin pack was around $20, w/ free shipping. Fuel filters I get from Geno's Garage. Saves me about $150 bucks when the dealership swaps them out.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Use what you want obviously... (Donaldson has been used forever in the diesel truck industry) but I always stuck with FleetGuard or Mopar (FG rebranded) since FG is owned by Cummins. Pretty reasonably priced piece of mind from the company that built the engine. I changed mine every 15k miles, so that was only about $140-$150 per year. Not that terrible.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
If your under warranty use Fleetguard/Mopar fuel & air filters, Doc's diesel may have good fuel filters but using them gives a dealership an out to say we denied warranty claim because you used an aftermarket fuel filter that did not meet the 3 micron rating as listed in owners manual...

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Take a look around your area for Semi shops. I get the FG's about $20 less than any place online.
don't forget the 28mm socket
and us unlucky pre 5gen that don't have the rear cartridge filter, the sensor wrench

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Take a look around your area for Semi shops. I get the FG's about $20 less than any place online.
don't forget the 28mm socket
and us unlucky pre 5gen that don't have the rear cartridge filter, the sensor wrench
Good info. I just get the filters online and let the dealership install them. It's about $150 less that way.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Good info. I just get the filters online and let the dealership install them. It's about $150 less that way.
1 dealership here, and they won't touch any parts outside of their parts dept. Not even when I show them the receipt that I bought from their parts dept.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
1 dealership here, and they won't touch any parts outside of their parts dept. Not even when I show them the receipt that I bought from their parts dept.
They are greedy.

392heminut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You need to find yourself another dealership!