ignition coil pack question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you do not plan on upgrading the engine in the future just OEM .. some of the aftermarket units have more power output than oem but not by a whole lot, also some suggest you open the gap on the spark plug. I'm using DUI but accel, MSD and Fast have good quality sets too. Fuel injectors I have no clue about.

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Why are you looking at swapping? Oem coil packs are your best bet. Best reliability and no performance gain from any aftermarket coils. Fuel injectors same thing.
I got the truck used and to my surprise it came from Canada , lol , so I was just wanting to change out some parts to new ones preferably to OEM not knowing how hard they used the truck or type of fuel etc. , if I can get the Mopar part numbers for the OEM packs that would be really helpful .

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I got the truck used and to my surprise it came from Canada , lol , so I was just wanting to change out some parts to new ones preferably to OEM not knowing how hard they used the truck or type of fuel etc. , if I can get the Mopar part numbers for the OEM packs that would be really helpful .
If the trucks not misfiring,leave the coils alone,but swap the plugs. Only differance between Yank and Canuck trucks are the evic ,and the Canuck trucks have the DRLs activated. Fuel in Canada might even be better then down south,as you can't store watered down gas up here in the winter,lol

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea coil packs work or they don’t no matter how you treat the truck. And injectors maybe look on Facebook for someone who swapped over to a 6.4 manifold and have their old 5.7 injectors. I have a set of 6.4 injectors sitting in my garage that I’m planning on sending out for a sonic cleaning and testing

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hi all ! so im thinking of putting in new ignition coil packs in my truck ( 2015 ram 1500 5.7lt v8 SLT) can someone recommend some quality coils ? i was looking at these on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AAUEGXSSJIQEC

also im wanting to do the fuel injectors but cant seem to find oem mopar injectors can someone tell me which ones to get ?

thanks for the help !
Hey,
Did you go with the TRQ coil packs?

If so, how do you like them?

I'm looking into buying them.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey,
Did you go with the TRQ coil packs?

If so, how do you like them?

I'm looking into buying them.
The stock coils are good to 1200hp,not many of the aftermarket coils will match your original coils for power or milege.If you want them fancy,paint your stock coils to any colour you want.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to RockAuto or AllMoparParts.com and use the OEM equipment for your truck for both coils and plugs.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The stock coils are good to 1200hp,not many of the aftermarket coils will match your original coils for power or milege.If you want them fancy,paint your stock coils to any colour you want.

I've done some research and it appears that there is no difference.

I'll probably go with NGK coils and plugs.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500