I'm torn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hey guys hows it going, I finally have a place with the internets again so being able to read this forum has been amazing after over a year without.

So I need some thoughts, I am contemplating trading in my truck for something newer, with hopefully less front end issues. My problem with my current truck is that it eats front end parts for dinner. I have right now a squeak in my left front end that I believe to be a lower ball joint since it is missing the zerk fitting and allowed water and dust to get inside making the noise but I am not sure.

The truck is almost 15 years old and has 240k on the ticker. So the maintenance is to be expected, but at the rate I am going it would be cheaper to have a truck payment.

The big problem that I come to with parting ways with her is all of the aftermarket upgrades I put in to it. Especially the ATS tranny that is less then 2 years old.

Just kinda wanted to vent and get that out there I guess, I would be sticking in a truck. Well unless I got a good deal on a challenger….:naughty:

but I am not opposed to gas, the new rams are beautiful. As well as dare I say a 6.4 ford :jawdrop:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shame man. Nice lookin truck. What about the new eco diesel. They're pretty legit. Or get a 06 to 10 hemi and mod it up :)

I'd have a diesel but couldn't find any reasonable ones here when I was looking

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I would get the maintenance up on the truck you have. Having a nice truck without payments is all good.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I would try to bullet proof the front end in your current truck
Way to nice to let go

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ditto. I agree on not having payments to make.

I would have gotten a diesel as well, but they were out of price in my neck of the woods when the body was in a fairly decent shape.

Might want to look into putting higher end front end replacement parts...