Inertia 400 CI Stroker pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
When me and him had talked about me getting that motor he said the 6.1 injectors were gonna be a must. Hope everything comes around on it and you can have fun with it instead of working on it all the time.

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When me and him had talked about me getting that motor he said the 6.1 injectors were gonna be a must. Hope everything comes around on it and you can have fun with it instead of working on it all the time.

Right now the PCM has relented and is letting me load and unload tunes, but that frakin' trans is behaving poorly. I think it's either a line pressure issue or converter issue, and it seems worse with rain or humidity? Thinking some short in the line pressure wires where I tapped in a resistor eons ago. Also I think the problem with stokers and trans may be line pressure problems from the fact that the PCM senses load and applies a set amount of line pressure all the while assuming you have stock HP and TQ....now lets say you have an extra 75 HP at half throttle then stock and the PCM doesn't give enough line pressure then bad things can happen...well just a theory. Need to clean up those wires and re-solder them and tap in another resistor to get the line pressure up and go from there.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Right now the PCM has relented and is letting me load and unload tunes, but that frakin' trans is behaving poorly. I think it's either a line pressure issue or converter issue, and it seems worse with rain or humidity? Thinking some short in the line pressure wires where I tapped in a resistor eons ago. Also I think the problem with stokers and trans may be line pressure problems from the fact that the PCM senses load and applies a set amount of line pressure all the while assuming you have stock HP and TQ....now lets say you have an extra 75 HP at half throttle then stock and the PCM doesn't give enough line pressure then bad things can happen...well just a theory. Need to clean up those wires and re-solder them and tap in another resistor to get the line pressure up and go from there.

I think a lot of trans failures are related to low Line Pressure. I spoke with AeorForce folks and they have located a 0-300 psig sensor unit to be used with the AF Interceptor gage. I'm am going to monitor my LP to see if I can figure a way to maintain something around 185 psig.