Inertia 400 CI Stroker pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coley 1334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GF's don't have the right to *****!!! Fiance's somewhat and wives definitely, but GF's?

when u been together 4 years.. pretty much coounts :Wedgie: but i am almost rady for my c/h install shoukld be after the first if the year 9 i know that will help fund this thing goin in the truck.... Ps whats takin so long

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I had this motor pulled in 4.5 hours, twice as much time putting it all back. Having a HUGE Superchips issue, seems to be locked up giving me a G35 code. Not sure WTF is the problem...... It won't let me reset the PCM either but the motor runs....well sort of, with 6.1 injectors, a big cam, and canned Superchips tune it's running like ass. Need to get the Diablo custom tune loaded.

Sam,
I feel your pain, I also have a locked PCM and can't load the SC. But not being able to reboot the PCM indicates to me it is getting continious power. What happens when you disconnect the battery for three minutes?

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sam,
I feel your pain, I also have a locked PCM and can't load the SC. But not being able to reboot the PCM indicates to me it is getting continious power. What happens when you disconnect the battery for three minutes?

Absolutely no difference, my fear is I take it to the dealer to have the PCM flashed and then I won't be able to load Diablo with the custom tune just like I can't unload Superchips now. It's got to be the PCM, there's nothing wrong with the wiring?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Absolutely no difference, my fear is I take it to the dealer to have the PCM flashed and then I won't be able to load Diablo with the custom tune just like I can't unload Superchips now. It's got to be the PCM, there's nothing wrong with the wiring?

Going to the dealer for a reflash is where I got screwed. I was running a SC3865, working properly and decided to install a DSP. Unloaded the SC and loaded the DSP. Was unhappy with the DSP as it was making my truck throw ABS warnings when I used the "Quick Adjust" function. Unloaded the DSP and had the dealer reset my ABS and then they told me they were unable to reflash the PCM because it was locked to an older version. Can't load the SC3865 because it says I need PCM update to a newer version. Will try another dealer and if that doesn't work I'll have to replace the PCM. It's all BS as no one will assume responsibilty for the ******.

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to the dealer for a reflash is where I got screwed. I was running a SC3865, working properly and decided to install a DSP. Unloaded the SC and loaded the DSP. Was unhappy with the DSP as it was making my truck throw ABS warnings when I used the "Quick Adjust" function. Unloaded the DSP and had the dealer reset my ABS and then they told me they were unable to reflash the PCM because it was locked to an older version. Can't load the SC3865 because it says I need PCM update to a newer version. Will try another dealer and if that doesn't work I'll have to replace the PCM. It's all BS as no one will assume responsibilty for the ******.

Yeesh sorry to hear that!!

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Sam your probably correct on that best guess and hope you get her running smoothly. In Greg's case does a fellow speak with a different dealer or just replace the PCM, and that said when you buy one does that include the updates?. I was luckey when my old SC 3714 vin locked, the dealer was able to reflash and update the PCM, then the newer SC 3865 loaded perfectly. After hearing about your DSP probs on the 03 Greg, I decided to go to the Proposed Plan B!

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Sam,
This is were I'll probably get the new PCM. They will also do repairs, so I plan to ask them to just reflash my PCM with the latest update. I've emailed them twice and have not recieved a response so I'll try calling them when I get home.
Welcome to Solo Automotive Electronics

Danny, that's a good plan. I didn't want you to get caught up with the same **** I'm going through which is why I explained my PCM issues to you when using the DSP. I'll post a conclusion when I get this all sorted out. But at the moment Diablo and my local dealer are fighting for the top of my **** list. SC was at least helpful in they listen and finally came back telling me the issue is with my PCM having a older version that needs a update. Of course this doesn't explain how I ran the SC3865 a year ago.

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well swapped out the 6.1 injectors and got it running, still have the Superchips issue but at least I can two foot it to work until I figure this out!!

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took it to work today and put about 100 easy miles on it, stalls like a **** when stopped unless I pop it in neutral. Randy loaned me his Cam Tuner, it's a little device that plugs in between the MAP sensor and harness. Seemed to now only stall once every 5-6 stops, and I'll adjust it to see if I can improve on it. Also got my Wideband gauge today in the mail(had it in for warranty) so I can start monitoring the AF ratio's. My initial impressions is it's a bit louder then before and part throttle power, even without a tune if far better and stronger. Work is got me fairly buried right now but after Christmas it'll slow down and I can concentrate on fixing the Superchips issue. Also it has a nice lope to it, but it's not as lumpy as you would think with a cam a little bigger then a 273, the extra cubic inches has really swallowed it up!

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
oh i loved two footing everywhere. i have to look into fixing my trans temp gauge. the needle keeps going crazy...

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet, so I am coming down next week so you can install your old hemi in my 4.7 truck k? lol

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SHouldn't be too hard.

Well this is what I know about it, the 4.7 PCM will work but you'll need a custom tune, all the accessories are different from Hemi to 4.7, you'll need a Mopar cable driven TB or the complete "Fly By Wire" factory TB setup, Hemi exhaust manifolds or Hemi headers, motor mounts, structural brace from trans to motor. Probably other stuff, and you'll need a set of heads because I just have a shortblock.....sounds like an afternoon's worth of work? :D Seriously if you're giving it real consideration you'll probably need a donor truck, something wrecked that you can rob parts as needed.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh I know, I have looked into it and decided against it... for the time being.

I was just joking with ya. And you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a wrecked hemi around here that I could do such a thing with. Some day maybe when I have the time to go out and find what I need exactly.

OP
OP
sawcut64

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I know, I have looked into it and decided against it... for the time being.

I was just joking with ya. And you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a wrecked hemi around here that I could do such a thing with. Some day maybe when I have the time to go out and find what I need exactly.

It is hard to find exactly what you're looking for, one guy here in DFW found a wrecked 07' and got what he needed, another guy in Waco pieced it together, huge project. Think it would be much easier, and probably cheaper to just buy another truck. I regretted getting a 4.7 in my work truck and not a Hemi. The 4.7 is a good motor but not quite up to the task of a heavy full size truck, but still probably the best work truck I've ever had.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
He could prob get Troys motor and trans and computer from his totaled 05.