Inez 4/6 install advise..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi all,

I'm sure I have read every thread on the Inez kit and then some but I'm gonna ask anyways just for peace of mind. I ordered the full kit plus the adjustable panh bar from Moes.. I'm hoping to install over the holiday break. Any words of wisdom? Advise? Things to make note of?

I own a 2015 regular cab 4x4 sport. Pretty much stock other than lighting upgrades ( thank you hid kit pros..). Window tint and flowmaster cat back.

The current plan and things I'm trying to be knowledgeable on are the 3/8" to 1/2" cut off on the inner tie rod. 2 coils cut off the rear for a level stance. Front upper control arm out 1/2" to meet alignment specs. Centering the rear end with the pan hard bar. Blue lock tight on the panhard lock nut.othet than that it should be straight forward on and off of parts type install. I picked up a few cans of black paint for the undercarriage to do the axel and frame after cutting the brackets and bumpstops. Plasma cutter is coming with the friend helping install. I have a lift and tools for days..am I missing anything?

I'm lost on what wheels I want. so the current plan is to run 285/55/20 on the stock sport wheels. But I have the ability to do a set of 24" Iroc wheels if I want. My tire guys ordered them for another customer who backed out and he's offering me a really good price ($900 with tires). I really didn't want to go bigger than 22" but I'll look at them when they do the alignment.

Am I missing anything? Words of wisdom from those who have done this install? Anything you would look out for while in the thick of it?

Thanks in advance for any input and thanks for the massive amount of info already available!!

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as the rims go, I think bigger rims with less tire look great with vehicles lowered that much. What colour is your truck? I just googled some images of rams with iroc wheels and I think they are a good style, but would look even better in all black.
Definitely drive the truck with stock rims for a bit after you lower it so if it gets any sort of vibration or shimmy you will know it’s the suspension that needs to be looked at or adjusted and not the tires/wheels out of balance.
Can you please post a before pic?

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats the tire size on the 24s?

I'm at a 5/7 with a 30.98" OD and my inner plastic fenders are tore up to basically nothing.

Just make sure the tires aren't too big on those 24s

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will have to stay around 30-30.5" tall on the tires. Any more and they will rub at least on dips in the road

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Lil John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm not excited about the 24s.. there just a really cheap option. I have been running 24s on my previous truck for the past 4 yrs and really wanted to go to 22s and pick up a little rubber. I'll post before and after pics. The truck is bright white.

Any advise on the actual kit and Install or do I Petty much have it covered ?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm not excited about the 24s.. there just a really cheap option. I have been running 24s on my previous truck for the past 4 yrs and really wanted to go to 22s and pick up a little rubber. I'll post before and after pics. The truck is bright white.

Any advise on the actual kit and Install or do I Petty much have it covered ?

Be well set-up to lift the rear of the truck in the air a long ways,the brackets are a bit of a ***** to install unless the diff is hanging fairly low.I've put a few sets of relocation brackets on,and personally they are easier to do if you pull the housing out from under the truck.You can do the cutting with the diff still under the truck,but it's not as easy ,as just dropping the housing out completely. Buy lots of beer,lol

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be well set-up to lift the rear of the truck in the air a long ways,the brackets are a bit of a ***** to install unless the diff is hanging fairly low.I've put a few sets of relocation brackets on,and personally they are easier to do if you pull the housing out from under the truck.You can do the cutting with the diff still under the truck,but it's not as easy ,as just dropping the housing out completely. Buy lots of beer,lol
I second that. I pulled the rear end completely out. Much easier to get r done.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

How did you deal with the brake lines?

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, I think that's what we will do as well!

OP
OP
L

Lil John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had planned to install everything over the holiday. Only to find Inez sent the wrong lower control arms. Both Moe's where I purchased the kit and Inez were quick to ship out the correct ones. Ill update this post in a couple weeks when I get the new arms.
IMG_20191226_095730.jpg

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had planned to install everything over the holiday. Only to find Inez sent the wrong lower control arms. Both Moe's where I purchased the kit and Inez were quick to ship out the correct ones. Ill update this post in a couple weeks when I get the new arms.
View attachment 190191
What?! Yeyaaah!!! Okaaaayyyy!!!!
(Because you’re Lil’ John)
That thing is going to look awesome

OP
OP
L

Lil John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
W3HfFDzXWhR32Gbq7

All done. Alignment made spec and only had a couple of hiccups on the way.. Now to get the 500#s of old suspension out of the back and take some real photos...

IMG_20200112_133106.jpg