Infinity reference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Hi ! I'm thinking of getting for my doors the infinity reference REF-9623ix 6x9 and the infinity reference REF-3032CFX 3.5" for my dash , I have the 8.4 uconncet and 6 speakers (dash and doors) crew cab, am I going to be having issues with those , ive read that I may need some 4ohm resistors for the dash speakers, is that correct ? Or can someone recommend something else for doors and dash ? Thanks !!

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi ! I'm thinking of getting for my doors the infinity reference REF-9623ix 6x9 and the infinity reference REF-3032CFX 3.5" for my dash
Just food for thought. The REF-3032 are great dash speakers but do you really want 3 ways for the front doors? The soundstage is built with higher tones in front of a listener at ear level. It’s how our ears pick up direction of where individual instruments are located. Lower tones like a bass drum are non directional and can be played from any location. This is why subwoofer placement doesn’t matter all that much. By adding 2 or 3 way speakers to the front doors you change the soundstage and technically create a double soundstage. One at your face level on the dash and one down around your knees from the doors. This can make the music sound muddy, lack clarity, distort timing and sound odd because of competing soundstages. Consider the REF-3032 for the dash paired with a dedicated woofer or mid woofers for the front doors. I’m not sure infinity makes a dedicated 6x9 woofer but it may be worth looking into.

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Just food for thought. The REF-3032 are great dash speakers but do you really want 3 ways for the front doors? The soundstage is built with higher tones in front of a listener at ear level. It’s how our ears pick up direction of where individual instruments are located. Lower tones like a bass drum are non directional and can be played from any location. This is why subwoofer placement doesn’t matter all that much. By adding 2 or 3 way speakers to the front doors you change the soundstage and technically create a double soundstage. One at your face level on the dash and one down around your knees from the doors. This can make the music sound muddy, lack clarity, distort timing and sound odd because of competing soundstages. Consider the REF-3032 for the dash paired with a dedicated woofer or mid woofers for the front doors. I’m not sure infinity makes a dedicated 6x9 woofer but it may be worth looking into.
What do you reccomend for 6x9 in the doors ?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you reccomend for 6x9 in the doors ?
Allow me to make everything as clear as MUD. I have a 2018 and I installed the Mopar performance/Kicker upgrade speakers that I believe have been discontinued. The upgrade included tweeters for the dash and 6X9 poly woofers for the front doors. The bass from the 6X9 woofers was solid and much better than expected. The tweeters in the dash were very crisp and loud. Unfortunately it lacked midrange as the woofers weren’t capable of reaching into most vocal ranges and the tweeters can’t cover those frequencies either so the sound lacked fullness. I found other owners on this forum that liked the Kicker 3 1/2 inch 2 way speaker KSC47-3504. They weren’t expensive so I bought a pair to try out. They were exactly what the sound needed. The system sounded full and much much better than stock. There was still an issue. The Kicker 3 1/2 inch 2 ways were not an efficient speaker. I’m not sure how much you know about audio but the Kickers have a 84db efficiency rating which isn’t great. So the radio has to work harder to play the speaker at the same volume as the previous tweeters I had in the dash. This is why I stated that the Infinity 3 1/2 inch speakers are a good choice as they sound good and have a 91db efficiency rating so they are considerably louder than the Kickers at the same power output level of the radio. So to answer your question, I really like the Kicker 6X9 woofers but they aren’t sold separately. Kicker sells the KSS269 component system with 6X9 woofers but the coaxial dash speaker is only 2 3/4 inches. Kenwood makes the KFC-XP6903C component system that fits our trucks. I’ve read on this forum that people have been pleased with them. Unfortunately they have a low efficiency rating. Personally I like the Infinity’s better. Amazon has several 6X9 woofers for sale but I know nothing about the manufacturers.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Kenwoods referenced above do indeed rock, but they will need amplified. I installed a Kicker key 200.4 and bi-amped it for the front doors and dash. It absolutely rocks. Put Kicker 2 ways in the rear doors for fill then a kicker key 500.1 ran mono to a 10” sub in a fox box. Total system kills it for not a ton of money.