Installed Air Design Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was it difficult to align all those mounting brackets so that the screws would line up when you installed the flares??? I like them, something different the standard generic fender flares.....

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was it difficult to align all those mounting brackets so that the screws would line up when you installed the flares??? I like them, something different the standard generic fender flares.....
Not at all. A few extra steps than normal flares, though. The bolts come assembled with the superbolt piece already screwed into the flare. After some prep on your fenders, which is simply scrubbing the surface down, simply peel back the tape, bolt the fenders to the wheel well, and press firmly on the bolts to get the pieces to adhere to the fender. You then unbolt the flares take them off, and push the super rim piece with a provided tool to adhere it better. After that you just simply bolt the flare back on. You can remove the flares easily for cleaning the fenders just like any other normal flare. I also like that the rubber trim was already installed onto the part.

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gives it more of a GM look to me based on their square fenders. I'd like to see it color matched.
Yeah it does. But it also follows the body lines of the truck which is why they’re squared off like that.

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can see past the “Real Tree” graphics, this is what it looks like color matched in black:

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
What ever blows yer skirt up but IMO, you need to paint the bolt heads black and your wheels need black nuts. That would look waaay blacker!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I don’t know. Breaking Bad made Aztecs cool. I’ll take it as a compliment!
RavJay, I didn't mean your truck. The pics of your beautiful black truck are making me jealous. I just can't help seeing "rust replacement panels" from JC Whitney. I put those on my K5 Blazer to repair quarter panels and fenders. Pop rivets. Sorry, it's what I think of. Your truck, you are boss.

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RavJay, I didn't mean your truck. The pics of your beautiful black truck are making me jealous. I just can't help seeing "rust replacement panels" from JC Whitney. I put those on my K5 Blazer to repair quarter panels and fenders. Pop rivets. Sorry, it's what I think of. Your truck, you are boss.
It’s cool! Like I said it’s not for everyone. I appreciate your honesty!

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed Air design’s tailgate panel today!
upload_2018-4-21_12-56-10.jpeg
upload_2018-4-21_12-56-38.jpeg

BIGDAWG2472

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ravjay, I’m curious what’s the offset on those wheels? I talked to the people at air design today and they said that those flares provide up to 2 inches of coverage. I’m thinking a 20 x 10 -18 and a 35 x 12.5 would put me passed those flares. Which is the look I am wanting . Also is there a separate extension peace on your front wheel wells that air design sent you or is that something you put on yourself ?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Installed Air Designs fender flares today. Fit and finish are extremely good quality, and no more worrying about rub from my previous Bushwackers because the bolts are actually holding the fender flares to the fender without drilling holes in them. I like them because they’re tall, fit the lines of the truck, have splash guards molded into the design, and don’t stick out since my tires are only about 1/2” outside the fenders. I realize this style isn’t for everyone but it is right for me. I’ve also bought the fender vents, rocker panels and tailgate panel which I’ll be installing once spring gets here!
View attachment 125741

I'm trying to find any website, anywhere online, to buy some of these pieces to the Air Design kit, but all I've found is the entire kit on eBay and Carid for $2,300. I have a regular cab so I'm looking just to buy the hood, bumper, both tailgate pieces and flarers for my truck but I can't find anywhere at all to buy the parts by themselves. The Air Design site is in all Spanish and the prices are Mexican (?), I can't find a US/English version.

Anyone know where I can find these parts?

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Krein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Ravjay, I’m curious what’s the offset on those wheels? I talked to the people at air design today and they said that those flares provide up to 2 inches of coverage. I’m thinking a 20 x 10 -18 and a 35 x 12.5 would put me passed those flares. Which is the look I am wanting . Also is there a separate extension peace on your front wheel wells that air design sent you or is that something you put on yourself ?

By looking at the pic its a factory sport wheel so I guessing but they should be a +19mm offset and yes -18 offset w/12.5 tires you will be sticking out past your fender but only slightly.

Last edited: