Installing aftermarket Headunit in express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys so I am installing an aftermarket head unit in my truck pretty soon and I was wondering what kind of harness I need. I have the plain Jane base stereo, so I don't have any factory amps or anything to worry about.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You still will need a interface which are not cheap

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you already have the new head unit?
I ask because if you buy from Crutchfield they supply the harness for free which is nice because you know it will work, and you don't pay extra $$ for it.

OP
OP
KBExperience

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you already have the new head unit?
I ask because if you buy from Crutchfield they supply the harness for free which is nice because you know it will work, and you don't pay extra $$ for it.

Normally when you need an expensive module like the Dodge and GM trucks Crutchfield doesn't include it with the radio.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Normally when you need an expensive module like the Dodge and GM trucks Crutchfield doesn't include it with the radio.

Yup. They include the mounting hardware but not the interface. I don't know off hand but Crutchfield will have it then just Google it and see where you can find it cheaper

OP
OP
KBExperience

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup. They include the mounting hardware but not the interface. I don't know off hand but Crutchfield will have it then just Google it and see where you can find it cheaper

Does the module like make the chime noises? If so I'm not excited because I put one in my Silverado the chime sounded really stupid after installing the module.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I don't think so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member