Integrated brake controller part number?? alfa obd activate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmie Hensley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
im sorry to do this.. I know its been covered but I can't find exactly what im looking for and don't wanna mess this up

I have a 2018 ram 2500 Ive located the plugs under the dash and need to install the integrated controller

im looking on eBay and found several part numbers
82214492AB ?
82215040AC 2016-19
82215040AB 2016-18

does any of this matter? there is a significant price difference between them

also im looking to do this myself and activate it with alfa obd. has anyone done this/have any advice in doing so

thanks for the help!

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Your best bet is to call a dealer and ask them what the part number should be. If they are unwilling to look it up, call a different dealer.

Though I'm sure some of the guys on here can get it to you as well.

I haven't looked, but I will bet that Ram has an online parts website much like Ford (I know the Ford one well because I had them for years). If so, it will tell you which p/n is the latest, because it will say 'supersedes p/n XXXYYYS'.

Rieggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine from Steve White Motors on Ebay. $155, ordered on a Sunday and received it Tuesday. Exact oem and works great. Also activated it with alfaobd. It takes about 30 minutes if you wait about 5 minutes between steps. The is a link on page one of the alfaobd page on the forum that list the steps one by one. Super easy. Weird thing for me was it took about 12 hours before it showed up in the settings on my radio.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Love the look of the IBC, but in my case they really didnt work out for me. I have had three different fifth wheels in the last 6 years. The IBC in the RAMs sorta worked OK, with two of them. With my current RV, and the heaviest so far, it sucked. Went with an aftermarket progidy P3 brake controller with the RAM adapter harness so it plugged into the factory wires. Took 15 minutes to install. Night and day difference in the braking on the RV now. Completely by passed the RAM unit. And was a lot cheaper than the OEM unit.

Sir Ram-It

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’ve got an issue. Getting a message on AlfaOBD says the computer doesn’t support the changes or something like that on the three cust set menu 2 settings. Any clues guys? I set the ITBM just fine in the P/T menu

Rambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve got an issue. Getting a message on AlfaOBD says the computer doesn’t support the changes or something like that on the three cust set menu 2 settings. Any clues guys? I set the ITBM just fine in the P/T menu

Did you ever get that to work for you?

aleccolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to dig up an old thread, but I've got a controller kit I purchased for my 2014 which is PN 82213474AB, that I never installed. I just got a 2019 1500 Classic (DS) and the part number for that one is 82215040AC. The installation documentation is identical for both kits.

Can I use the kit I already have in the 2019 Classic? I understand it's necessary to turn on a few values with AlfaOBD.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I've seen, no. Looks like there was a change in 16(?) and there's a year break with two different kits.

Also beware, you'll need a security bypass harness to use AlfaOBD on your 19 truck. Check out M2 mods forum sponsor here.

aleccolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay sounds like I'm just going the aftermarket route then. Thanks for the info.

Actually, the Curt website says the software still has to be updated, even for an aftermarket controller. Is that true?

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay sounds like I'm just going the aftermarket route then. Thanks for the info.

Actually, the Curt website says the software still has to be updated, even for an aftermarket controller. Is that true?
The factory brake controller for the Ram trucks is actually pretty nice and integrates well with the truck. You can name different save the settings plus show the brake gain on your EVIC if you chose. My truck came with one but I have two friends that installed them and enabled the codes with the Alfa tool with no issues. The trucks were a 14 and a 15. Just food for thought before you decide which way to go. I'm not sure what is involved with the install of an aftermarket brand. For the factory controller you would need to purchase the security bypass from KaodTech.com to enable the codes with the Alfa tool but you can also install it and have the dealer enable the codes if you don't currently have the Alfa tool and OBD reader. It may actually be a little less to have the dealer enable the codes as compared to purchasing the Alfa tool, OBD reader plus the bypass harness but the tool would more than pay for itself with all of the other things it can do.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, if anyone is interested I have the Prodigy P2 and plug-play harness I pulled out of mine. No use for it. I'm tall and just didn't like hitting my leg on it...as evidenced by the manual lever that is missing the end.