Interesting thing about Kicker CS series speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so many of us who have these speakers with metal tweeters find them bright or harsh. I was one of them. That and the fact that the 3.5" dash speakers were really "in your face" due to ohm mis-matching.

Well...I had installed some resistors in the dash to tame them down, and it did help but I still found the speakers quite bright. Interestingly the speakers....particularly the tweeters....seem to have calmed down and are far less bright after using them for several months. is that a normal thing? or have I just gotten used to it? They sure sound better to me now so I was curious if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've noticed the same thing with my amp'd Mopar Kicker dash tweeters (Non Alpine Truck with aftermarket Alpine Amp) and I'm fairly certain it isn't getting used to them. My 392 challenger W/Alpine has infinity 3.5's in the dash with textile tweeters and for the longest time I noticed a huge difference in the harshness. It's been a while since installing the Kickers and they have finally calmed down on that harshness after quite a few hours of amplified play time and they don't annoy me nearly as much anymore when I compare them to the infinity's.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok well that's good to know it's not just in my head. I would like to think I have a pretty good ear for sound and for the past few weeks it's been MUCH better. :)

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the Kicker KSC 3.5 with silk dome, very happy with them.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would be pretty weird for a tweeter to change is tonality. I would put my money on your hearing adapting.
X2 on your simply used to them now. I unhooked mine after trying them amped as well as driven purely off the head unit. They are simply to harsh for my taste. Either way, if your feeling better about the sound then really that's all that matters.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, bet your getting used to them. Going from stock to a bright tweeter they were way more prevalent.
Like I know guys with 8 seconds cars....after awhile they feel its slow. Just got used to it.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Would be pretty weird for a tweeter to change is tonality. I would put my money on your hearing adapting.
You mean hearing loss...metal dome tweeters tend to do that

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean hearing loss...metal dome tweeters tend to do that

I was trying to be nice lol. When I went to school for this, there was one kid from Miami that loved all those super tweeters. Anyways while we were taking our MECP, the instructor started playing test tones at 20khz and kept going down until everyone put their head up wondering what it is. The kid from Miami was the last one to notice it and if I remember correctly he was down to about 11-12k.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I was trying to be nice lol. When I went to school for this, there was one kid from Miami that loved all those super tweeters. Anyways while we were taking our MECP, the instructor started playing test tones at 20khz and kept going down until everyone put their head up wondering what it is. The kid from Miami was the last one to notice it and if I remember correctly he was down to about 11-12k.
LMAO!!!
I was at a sound meet a while back and saw a tahoe with a wall of 15" subs..I think 6 to be exact and I kinda wanted to demo that set up. Then, I saw 4 super tweeters per front door and said to myself "NO WAY"