Interior lighting wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've got a 2013 RCSB and the only interior lighting is the dome light and map lights. I know some Rams have light in the front foot wells. I've purchased some LED strip lights to install in the foot wells, just wondering if there might be wiring present that I could tap in to even though I don't have the lights?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
In a previous car, I tapped into the dome light and ran the wires down the pillar. You should just have to find the pos and neg up there and make your wire end pin like to jam it next to the factory wire. Mine fadded off like the dome. I don't think the done had to be on either. Again, different car but it probably works the same.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Thanks, I was hoping I wouldn't have to run that much wire but if I do, I'll do it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
My 2013 outdoorsman has two under rear seat light sockets, but no lights. I tested the socket, it's hot when doors are open, so it's just like footwell lights, . Looks like son models have small lights u see the rear seats. I am looking for theseights. Lig up rear seats, and look to seat bracket on right and left, there is a power socket attached to bracket. It's hot, so run your less off that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've got a regular cab so no rear seats to look under but thanks for the reply! Might help someone who does!!!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a regular cab so no rear seats to look under but thanks for the reply! Might help someone who does!!!

If you don't have the footwell lights already you should still have the plugs under the dash. There's another thread about it somewhere on the forum.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Good call stimpy. I forgot about those.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
If you don't have the footwell lights already you should still have the plugs under the dash. There's another thread about it somewhere on the forum.

I saw a plug under the drivers side but the passengers side I had a cover over it. I'll get the multimeter out and test the drivers side.

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
Anyone know part # for under rear seat lights? I have factory harness under back seats, but need light and leads.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know part # for under rear seat lights? I have factory harness under back seats, but need light and leads.

Not sure if you ever found these. I haven't ordered them yet, but my research has turned up these part numbers:

Light (Need 2) - 55057286AD
Bezel (Need 2) - 5KX15DX9AB
Wiring Harness (Need ?) - 68217325AA

I am not sure if you need two of the wiring harnesses or just 1 (it might be a Y setup).

Unfortunately, my truck doesn't have the wires running to the connectors on the seat brackets. The connectors are there, but there are no wires running in or out, so until I find the wires under the carpet and figure out how to extend them, the rear footwell lights are on hold for me. If you got anywhere with this mod I'd love to hear about it though!

-K

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I've got a 2013 RCSB and the only interior lighting is the dome light and map lights. I know some Rams have light in the front foot wells. I've purchased some LED strip lights to install in the foot wells, just wondering if there might be wiring present that I could tap in to even though I don't have the lights?

Yes, and Rzrman has a build that details footwell lighting. He tied into the left side dash (access panel when you open driver door (up by mirror). His build has the wires he used.

Cheers