Interior lights. Hmmm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecbartosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 Ram 1500 5.7 crew cab. Ok here goes. When the doors are open the only light that comes on is the interior back seat light. The two front ones work, they light when I push them. But not when you open the doors. The truck on my dash shows the correct door is open . so I don't think it's the door switches. Any thoughts??

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2011 Ram 1500 5.7 crew cab. Ok here goes. When the doors are open the only light that comes on is the interior back seat light. The two front ones work, they light when I push them. But not when you open the doors. The truck on my dash shows the correct door is open . so I don't think it's the door switches. Any thoughts??

For the front interior lights, could be as simple as pushing the lights buttons. Close the door and reopen to see if the lights illuminate

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

ecbartosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Sir.

Cosmos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the opposite problem. The visor lights and puddle lights went out too

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like an issue with the body control module. At least I think that’s the correct name for it. My 2011 had it replaced under warranty.

I remember the tech told me it was $$$ so if that’s your issue hopefully there are other sources for the part. Probably find them from recyclers by now I’d guess.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure what model you have and if they worked in the past but some trucks did not come with overhead console lights originally and were added as aftermarket work. It is possible your's were added that way and the on/off switch connector was not incorporated into the set up.

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Have you looked through your settings? I'm a new Ram owner too, so can't speak for these specifically, but I know other vehicles I've owned have options for situations like this, where you can set only the backseat lights to turn on when you open the door. Just a thought...

Last edited: