Interior lights not working when door is open.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McLovin2760

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 3.6L. When I open my doors my interior lights do not come one. When I turn the dial on the dash the lights do not come on. However, when I push the lights manually they power on with no problem. This is the case for rear dome light and map lights.

Another thing I noticed is that the lights will give a quick flicker when the car is turned on and the door is open but they do not stay on. I get the door ajar notice on the dash for all doors but no lights.

Any ideas?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like the sensor for the door may be bad. Is it with all doors, or just the driver? If just the driver door the problem is localized to the door. If both sides then it is where the wires come together. Get a wiring diagram online and trace from sensor to central point and check continuity there. Assuming wiring from that central point up the A pillar is not a problem but won't know until you check first part. Good luck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
When I turn the dial on the dash the lights do not come on.
If you rotate the dash dimmer knob to the far right (you'll feel two detents) and the interior lights don't turn on I would suspect the the headlight switch assembly is bad.