Intro and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenhowj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I recently got a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic, Tradesman (5.7L HEMI with 3:92 rear end) and swapped out the stock taillight and third brake light housings for LED's. I also put towing mirrors on (w/turn signals). No problems with the tailights until I upgraded the EVIC gauge cluster to a 7". Now I get "Parking Lamp out" when I hit the brakes, or use the turn signals (only when the lights are on though - no issues at all with turn signals or braking when lights are off). So, after watching YouTube videos, I purchased AlphaOBD ($49.99), OBDLink MX+($119), & the security bypass cable ($55) ... roughly $225 in all and, was able to activate the turn signals on the mirrors, but can't get rid of the "Parking Lamp out" warning. Changing only one thing at a time, I tried a number of combinations with the CBC rear LED present items ... from all present, to only the taillights, only the stop lights, only the turn signals, or combinations of them and nothing is working. I'm running out of ideas. The tailights came with built-in resistors, but obviously they did not work, or I wouldn't be getting error messages, but I get the errors whether I have the LED present on or off in AlphaOBD. Somebody has got to have dealt with this as well ... HELP!

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:biggun: :party36: :welcome: :party36: I am sure someone will be able to assist you with the problems. Check out the 4th gen forum pages too.

2.JPG

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to ramforum!

OP
OP
greenhowj

greenhowj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I don't seem to be getting any responses, or suggestions for my problem :confused:

OP
OP
greenhowj

greenhowj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey, Harley Harrold, quick question about our account profiles ... how did you get the "Military" band on your profile. I am also prior USAF (TSgt, Heavy Avionics, 7-Level) and would like to display that as well.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey!!!.....welcome to the forum.......sorry you haven't got a response & sorry I'm not smart enough to help you either!!! lol!! but maybe you could try posting in electrical
some guys that hang around there are pretty sharp.