Invoice price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I'm looking to trade my 17 tradesman for a 19 Warlock. The company I work for is part of the affiliate program, but I'm having a hard time finding out what the invoice price on it would be. Does anybody know a good reliable place to look it up? Thanks.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Edmunds ... But they also have holdbacks and other discounts available ... If you buy at invoice, you paid too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dav8388

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
That's why I'm trying to find out what it is, so I can have some power on negotiating.

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The affiliate program usually discounts a percentage of the invoice.

The dealership should show you the invoice. If they say they can't for any reason, they're lying.

Ashton

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18
Engine
Hemi
The affiliate program usually discounts a percentage of the invoice.

The dealership should show you the invoice. If they say they can't for any reason, they're lying.

Funny you should say that, when i was pricing out my new truck, multiple dealerships refused to give me a print out of the breakdown with the incentives and trade-in all calculated out. First time for me, I've been to a lot of other dealers (not ram) and they happily print out breakdown of costs and incentives... anyone else?

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Ask to see the green sheet. It will have a price breakdown of invoice price, friends and family price which would most likely be your business price and then also employee price. And then of course any ram incentives get tacked on after that price to bring it even lower

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
When I bought my 2007 (new) I used the Employee Choice discount. The dealer brought out a sheet that had invoice, Employee Choice, Friends and Family, and Vendor prices right on it.

OP
OP
dav8388

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I went down yesterday to run some numbers. they did show me the invoice, but with the employee pricing going on now i get a better deal that way. I knew i'd be upside down in my tradesman, but i'd be screwed if I use my truck as a trade. Im debating on either selling my truck on my own or waiting til the beginning of next year, and see what deals they'll have on left over models.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
I went down yesterday to run some numbers. they did show me the invoice, but with the employee pricing going on now i get a better deal that way. I knew i'd be upside down in my tradesman, but i'd be screwed if I use my truck as a trade. Im debating on either selling my truck on my own or waiting til the beginning of next year, and see what deals they'll have on left over models.
Did they give you a quote on trade in? How much can you get private sale you think? I'd use that number and negotiate trade price as well and then you wouldnt have the hassle of selling it plus if you dont sell it right away your making 2 truck payments.

Also dont let a dealer say they cant go below employee price cause they definitely can. They just like to say they cant. If the employee price is a promotion ram is doing see what dealer discounts they are willing to do and tell them your getting quotes from multiple dealers and make them work for your business

OP
OP
dav8388

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Did they give you a quote on trade in? How much can you get private sale you think? I'd use that number and negotiate trade price as well and then you wouldnt have the hassle of selling it plus if you dont sell it right away your making 2 truck payments.

Also dont let a dealer say they cant go below employee price cause they definitely can. They just like to say they cant. If the employee price is a promotion ram is doing see what dealer discounts they are willing to do and tell them your getting quotes from multiple dealers and make them work for your business

I'm actually ok with what they are asking for the truck. MSRP is $39,555. They got employee discount of $5879, and a rebate for $2,750 bringing it to $30,926. My big issues are the $1,096 in dealer add ons, and and they are offering $13,500 for the trade which is with in what KBB has for the trade-in value. I just looked up the retail value, and they could put it on the lot for $20,000. I think I'm gonna go back Saturday and bargain some more. I really like the Warlock it is nice.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually ok with what they are asking for the truck. MSRP is $39,555. They got employee discount of $5879, and a rebate for $2,750 bringing it to $30,926. My big issues are the $1,096 in dealer add ons, and and they are offering $13,500 for the trade which is with in what KBB has for the trade-in value. I just looked up the retail value, and they could put it on the lot for $20,000. I think I'm gonna go back Saturday and bargain some more. I really like the Warlock it is nice.
Are you dealing with Hoover and are they not willing to be flexible on the add-ons? I had the same problem when I bought my first RAM from them back in 2015. Rick Hendrick is not much better. That being said I started talking to more dealers further away from Charleston and found that the more rural dealers were more flexible with the add-on nonsense. I bought my current RAM from Carolina CDJR in Lugoff and paid for no add-ons even though they tried a little. Much easier to deal with than Hoover. Good luck!

OP
OP
dav8388

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Are you dealing with Hoover and are they not willing to be flexible on the add-ons? I had the same problem when I bought my first RAM from them back in 2015. Rick Hendrick is not much better. That being said I started talking to more dealers further away from Charleston and found that the more rural dealers were more flexible with the add-on nonsense. I bought my current RAM from Carolina CDJR in Lugoff and paid for no add-ons even though they tried a little. Much easier to deal with than Hoover. Good luck!

It's Hendrick on Savannah hwy. I know it's gonna be a fight but the way I look at it I already have a truck, so how bad do they want the sale.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
1100 in add ons!? What did they add?

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
I'd say you should get them to throw in locking lugs and nitrogen for free. For the window tint I'd see what they are charging as they only have to tint the front windows. All others are tinted from factory. should be no more than 100-200 buck . I had mine done for 60

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't see how anyone can put up with all the BS when trading in a vehicle for a new one at a dealership. Incentives, Employee Pricing, lug nuts.....Really? Charging you extra for lug nuts, and the air in your tires?

And then there's the ripping you off on the value of your trade in.

Most people don't have the patience to save their money and pay cash. But if you want to know what you're actually paying, and want the best deal, Cash is still King. If you can make payments, you can save.

It's not hard to sell a vehicle on Craigslist. I've done it several times, my old Dakota, and several motorcycles.

And under no circumstances do you get suckered in on an extended warranty!

I move at the speed of cash. I'm too cheap to get ripped off.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't see how anyone can put up with all the BS when trading in a vehicle for a new one at a dealership. Incentives, Employee Pricing, lug nuts.....Really? Charging you extra for lug nuts, and the air in your tires?

And then there's the ripping you off on the value of your trade in.

Most people don't have the patience to save their money and pay cash. But if you want to know what you're actually paying, and want the best deal, Cash is still King. If you can make payments, you can save.

It's not hard to sell a vehicle on Craigslist. I've done it several times, my old Dakota, and several motorcycles.

And under no circumstances do you get suckered in on an extended warranty!

I move at the speed of cash. I'm too cheap to get ripped off.

Or you just don't put up with their BS and walk away. If you're weak, sure you may fall to their ****** ways, but if you know what you're doing and won't put up with that crap, you can do reasonably well. That stuff is for the suckers and they get plenty of people that way, but not all of them. At times I've fought for up to a week to get the deal I wanted, clearly they didn't want to do what I wanted at all but eventually they do (or they don't, and I find another truck). Just emailing them back and forth so not too big of a deal, and also anytime I've stated "you can either take off those bs fee's (like the lug nuts/nitrogen etc..) or lose the sale, they've taken them off. It's really not that difficult, I do this every 2.5 years or so and I think I'm actually beginning to enjoy the process of it.

Same thing with the trade in value, be prepared to walk if they insult you. Never done bad on a trade in on any of my rams, had my fair share of low ball trade in offers though. However, always fought for and eventually got more for it. My last trade in I got 22k for, I would have been lucky to get 20k privately for it. Not to mention, I would have to pay taxes on that additional 20-22k, so trade in all the way. Also, that dealer had my truck for over 6 months after I had my current 17 and the last I saw it they had it listed at 18.5. I'll take the lack of frustration of personal sale AND the savings in tax every time. I'd have to get such an insulting trade in offer to consider selling privately with those things factored in, if it's a wash or anything close to it, might as well just trade it in (providing your state has sales tax trade in credit).

Extended warranties, I don't buy them as I do trade in so frequently. If I wanted to keep one long term I might look into one, I trade my rams in as soon as I start to have to put money into them for multiple somewhat high dollar repairs. So far that was at 53k and 70k, not a great confidence builder in the trucks. Another reason I trade them in, I don't want to dump an expensive vehicle with problems, off on some private buyer. I'd much rather give that to the dealer to either deal with or not.

Bluegill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your discount off sticker on the new truck is good. I always use 20% as a bare minimum, a starting point. Anything after the 20% is good, but remember, most of the cream is already off.
Your trade in should be able to go a bit higher. Not sure how much, maybe 500-1k.
Let’s keep in mind the dealer is in business to make money too(even if he is a bit squirrelly) You gotta weigh how much effort do you want to put into selling yourself. Me, I never was good at selling my vehicles by owner, down right plain no good. I have a brother who is fabulous at selling anything, he has a gift of doing it. I admire him for it. Me, I struggle so I just print out KBB, and use that to price my trade in to the dealer. It’s worked everytime. I think when a dealer sees your somewhat informed, the transaction goes a bit easier, not so much bull crap from the dealer.
good luck , let us know how things turn out.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
window tint, door edge film, locking lugs and "nitrogen" in the tires. Its BS I know.
ok with window tint, the rest is bull, tell them you aren't paying for that.
Tell them to suck the nitrogen out, you prefer air, see what they say LOL

DXBADBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel V6
My only issue with the warlock is it only comes in a 3.6 V6 gas engine... that's not going to get it done for me... does it come in V8 or eco diesel??