Is an aftermarket sway bar setup worthwhile?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
D@mn it, really? 4x4's don't have aftermarket sways???
According to Hellwig the front swaybar on the 4X4's is more then adequate,not sure if i really believe that though.
But then again on my 4X4 and the wifes Challenger the front swaybars fell off both when they were new.
I'm more interested in going straight in a hurry,then around corners in a hurry :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to Hellwig the front swaybar on the 4X4's is more then adequate,not sure if i really believe that though.
But then again on my 4X4 and the wifes Challenger the front swaybars fell off both when they were new.
I'm more interested in going straight in a hurry,then around corners in a hurry :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

Just one more thing they have in common.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it was a top notch product it wouldn't rust within the first year. Its a cheap ass powder coating.
Off road, beat the he!! out of it with road gravel/rocks, chip all the coating off of, and then spray it with salt/de-icer, and complain because it rusts. Gee, go figure. I have had mine on for three+ years and it looks great STILL!!!. And, original bushings. I pull a fiver, and I wouldn't be without it. Gets rid of all the body roll and plants it in the corners.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is still on, after almost 6 years, but... To date my Rebel has been a pavement princess.

Then again, Rebel. So I might have a different sway then a "normal" 4x4.

Just Bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Belltech makes a set of front and rear bars for the 1500 Classic. I ordered them in October, and cancelled the order around Christmas. They just never shipped! Just put in a Hellwig (rear only) set on firmest setting. I also replaced the stock end links with Moog Problem Solver (greasable) end links. It rides better / rolls less on local roads. Looking forward to trying a few corners at highway speeds.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Belltech makes a set of front and rear bars for the 1500 Classic. I ordered them in October, and cancelled the order around Christmas. They just never shipped! Just put in a Hellwig (rear only) set on firmest setting. I also replaced the stock end links with Moog Problem Solver (greasable) end links. It rides better / rolls less on local roads. Looking forward to trying a few corners at highway speeds.
Is that for a 4X4 or just the 2 wheel drive trucks.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I've looked the belltech site over and don't see references to anti sway bars. Did see a kit with a anti sway bar but doesn't appear they offer them separately. I could be incorrect.