Is anyone shopping right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I just Picked up a 2020 power wagon. The 0% only applies if you take the truck at MSRP as others have said.

MSRP on my truck was just under 60k. I ended up getting them down to 49k and some change. Got my own financing which I took to the dealer. They then matched the 3% interest rate.

So I'm happy with what I got.b16005cbc1f8451b6705dd757c53cad7.jpg43b977eecd80c5d284a6d059b2d09809.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's a good looking truck.

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anyone is in the northern nj/tri-state Area there are some new 2019 leftovers floating around that were in the Macy's parade last year.

Ended up out the door last week with a 19 2500 loaded big horn diesel mega cab with 135 miles for 47k. Also got 4k over bluebook on the trade.

OP
OP
B

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone is in the northern nj/tri-state Area there are some new 2019 leftovers floating around that were in the Macy's parade last year.

Ended up out the door last week with a 19 2500 loaded big horn diesel mega cab with 135 miles for 47k. Also got 4k over bluebook on the trade.

Do you have a link you could share?

docsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 CTD
I've been trying to buy one (2020 2500 Laramie), but it has been a giant disaster thus far :(

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yea our local dealers have way more 2500's than 1500's

docsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 CTD
Oh just trying to find One?????? Or the price?????
Well, I'm trying to find something close to exactly what I want, and I have found several suitable trucks, but nothing is working out. I haven't been haggling really on price at all. It's all just terrible dealer issues... I'll type it all out since I have a couple moments. Maybe it will lessen my frustration.. LOL
I've been trying to buy one since before COVID. Went to the local dealer to test drive one (dealer 1). Drove a gasser 2500. Had about 90min to go to dealer and take test drive. Sales person was terribly slow. They didn't really have exactly what I wanted, but I wanted to test drive. So, with like 15min of my 90 minutes left, my wife and I finally said, look, we need to go soon. We went for test drive. Sales person said he'd get me some numbers on pricing and call or email me with them. Never heard from him again. Went back to test drive a diesel 2500. Unfortunately, they had me go with the same guy. got the key to a truck for sale and went out to find it. He finally set the alarm off on the truck clear at the back of the lot. told me to wait, he'd bring it around. 10min later, he showed up out of breath telling me it was sold. He went to get another and the same thing happened. Ended up driving a Diesel 3500 because it was the only diesel he could find to have me drive apparently.
Fast forward a week. found the perfect truck at a dealer 1.5hrs away (dealer 2). Emailed to arrange a test drive and they told me I could drive it because it had a recall issue that had to be fixed. We e-mailed back and forth a couple times. Emailed again the next week, same thing, but sales guy said that a couple of 2500's had been fixed that morning and that he would get the one I was interested in fixed by saturday so I could come test drive it. Saturday came and went. It never was fixed.
COVID hits... Everything here is shut down. As we get close to opening I start contacting places again.
E-mail another local dealer (dealer 3). Get a response from the owner (last name same as dealership) They are still closed, but hoping a bill gets passed that they can open next week. We corresponded a couple times about how to schedule an appt, etc once they open. The following week, the bill is passed and things can open. E-mail same person about meeting and with the specs of what I was looking for... haven't heard from them sense, despite several attempts.
Contact dealer 2 again about the truck with recall issue. E-mailed my sales person there multiple times without any response. Called and got the sales manager! Super helpful. He explained the truck was fixed and available to test drive. suggested I contact him next week to see if any new incentives are available for it (this is last of april). He gave me his direct number. I called him Monday left a message to call back. Tuesday, Wednesday. Friday. Left messages every day. Never a call back. Called the dealership and got the sales guy on the floor who said the truck was for sale and he'd run numbers and call me back in 30 min. after an hour plus I called back. he was busy. He finally called me back to say that he didn't realize it, but the truck was sold the day prior and the buyer picked it up an hour ago?!
I asked him to have his sales manager call me. I've never heard back from them.
Now I'm mad! But, hey maybe things happen for a reason. It wasn't 100% what I wanted, but close enough. I start searching everywhere (you have to use other city zip codes to get further than 150miles from you on ram's website). I find the perfect truck about 7 hours away at dealer 4! I call and speak to a sales person there. Tell her the truck I'm interested in. First question, is it there and is it for sale. Yep it is for sale. We discussed the price. My financing through my bank. Told her I'd be happy to finance through them if they can match it. She takes all my information and says she would call me back in 30 minutes. 30 minutes later, she calls me to say she is with a customer, but she and her sales manager discussed it and put together numbers which she emailed to me. I checked my email. quote was good. E-mailed her back to ask about a deposit, and mentioned I forgot to talk about my possible trade. She e-mailed back that deposit was easy and when she was done with customer, she would call me to discuss my trade. She called me back in an hour. She very apologetically told me that she and her sales manager both missed it, but that the truck was a "sold order." apparently a special order for someone else that was already paid for and sold.
Dealer 1 calls my wife back 3 weeks ago out of the blue. They would like to try and find a truck for me. Great. Sales guy and I text back and forth several times as he shows me available vehicles. They find one a long way away, but want to get it. We go down to dealership, review the details of the truck. They quoted a price and a number for my trade. I accepted both without haggling. Given them a deposit check on a saturday. The following week I text the sales guy every day of the week without a single response. The following week I call the dealership and leave a message for the sales manager. I get a call from a sales person who tells me that previous sales guy no longer works there. They have no information in my file about what I'm interested in nor what truck they were to be getting. They will look for one, but will be starting over.
The truck at dealer 4 is still listed for sale on their website and on Ram.com
And, That is where I am right now. Phew. :mad:
Your sympathy is appreciated!

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Holy moly I would be peed off too. Just WOW. Guess nobody wants to make any money. I bought a right truck for use during the Covid high the middle of April. And I to had a 1.5 hour drive also to find the right truck. And the sales person was very helpful and appreciated buying through him. All I can say is best of luck and keep us informed.......

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow.....I can drive to 3-4 dealers within an hour, lots full of 2500's. :(

Atomic Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a similar experience with lackluster dealer interest when I was ordering mine. I polled probably 15 different dealers. I thought that during this Covid time, dealers would be jumping at the chance to make a deal. I only had 4 dealers respond to my query, and of those - only 3 gave me an actual quote and were actually responsive to my calls/emails.

docsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 CTD
Still haven’t heard anything from the most recent dealer contact :/

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a link you could share?
Sorry just saw this

They are at Dover dodge...maybe one or two at franklin Sussex automall. The o es with the discount have a giant RAM TRUCKS decal across the top of the windshield. Sticker price is still msrp but they're letting them go 20% off

Matt K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Made a build purchase May 30, went in with a build sheet to dealer said I’ll pay $500 over invoice to put some in their pocket, we shook hands now I play the waiting game. Has anyone received their 2500 order since COVID hit?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For those shopping - once you do take delivery, make sure you get your $250 check from bonus drive. Took 2 months but I got mine today. They just require you show proof of owning a non FCA vehicle as part of the process (they probably also agree to sell your info but the dealer probably did that anyway at time of sale).

https://www.bonusdrive.com/Home/Vehicles

OA

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to deal with my local Ram dealership but they can't get the truck I want so said I have to wait til January to order a 2021.....doesn't sound right.

If the 2021's are going to hit the lots late summer, supponsingly, why not take orders ?

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I want to deal with my local Ram dealership but they can't get the truck I want so said I have to wait til January to order a 2021.....doesn't sound right.

If the 2021's are going to hit the lots late summer, supponsingly, why not take orders ?

There are folks ordering 2020's right now. Not sure about what your local dealership is trying to say.