Is she just depressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
2013's and earlier call for plugs every 30K miles. Starting in 14 we have 100K plugs. (nobody should wait 100k miles to change them though, just sayin')

Sweet 100k miles. Must be a platinum or iridium style plug. I would wait that long in the above style plugs, standard plugs I would change prob less than 30k.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can easily wait longer than 30K miles to change the copper plugs if the truck is running ok. These computer controlled ignitions fire them pretty accurately with the right mixtures, and are fairly easy on them, not like the old days with points misfiring them all the time.

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So hears what i got so far. My
Plugs were done at 30k ish So they only got 10kish on em and they were gapped. I checked em today and the 3 i pulled looked good. We dont have 89 here we have 87 and 88 and 93 I run 88 . I also use a bottle of lucas every other fillup. So i doubt its fuel related. I am a seafoam fan so i could try that. I hit the cats today with a rubber mallet and diddnt hear any noticeable rattle. I still need to pull the throttle body. What will reserting the computer do, If anything

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi badfish,

Your 2012 has adaptive learning. It will read how you drive and the conditions around it for a period and then map itself according to the conditions and your driving style. Nobody mentioned it but if you have already reset the computer that may be part of the problem. It may be "learning" where the parameters need to be, if not that may help.
Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

preachp

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the fuel pressure. A pump that is not putting out enough pressure will cause a major lack of power and very sluggish. It sounds like it could be fuel pressure problem or plugged exhaust maybe.