Is the Carli markup worth it on the Fox 2.0 coilovers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrack

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bils installed at 2.8 with JBA UCAs, was getting late so didn’t test as much as I’d like to, but so far I’m very happy! I went over the one mini-whoop I have on my property at 30 and 40 mph, did not throw the truck around at all, stock struts would have sent my noggin into the headliner. I think this is going to be an incredible difference on the dunes.

IMG_8117.jpeg

Next up some coil spacers for the rear to give me a little rake back, Hellwig rear sway bar, and winch bumper. Any recommended site to order the Hellwig from? Are the $270 ones on eBay legit or knockoffs? Seems awfully low compared to $440 on hellwigs site.

gunner_herman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replacing CO springs is not or should not be that expensive. King springs are around $110 each. But i see a problem more related to how Carli tuned those CO's to work with those 700lbs springs. Normally for a spring that heavy i'd imagine they'll slow down the rebound by a good lot, so if youre going with a ligther rate spring you may need to fasten up the rebound a little bit. Absolutely crazy they spec their CO's with 700lbs springs especially for a vehicle that is pretty much stock. i'm still at 500lbs with my King OEs CO's, and i have a steel bumper with a 12k winch and rock sliders. I'm literally at max though where i may have maybe one more full turn in my adjusters to maintain 2.5-2.75" lift. Ever since i put the plastic flares in the fenders it's been amost impossible to measure what have.
I want to have my shocks rebuilt since i've been running them since 2020 and i wanted to change springs as well to counter the extra weight i have. King charges $160 per shock, Accutune is $165 but i get a 25% discount. labor to take the spring off the CO is $25 from Accutune, so changing to whatever spring King may have with more or less spring rate cost the same $25 per CO.
I’m trying to get an appointment with Carli in lake Elsinore to have them ride in the truck with me. If this truck rides the way it’s “supposed” to then I’m pulling the coilovers out and putting it back to how I had it. I’ll keep the rear setup though because that’s turned out great