Is there enough interest in AlphaODB to create a topic discussion area?

Would you be in favor of creating a single Topic Discussion Area for AlphaODB?

• Yes

Votes: 135 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hounddog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A programming section would be a good idea, but I am a big fan of Appcar and would like for it to get some love too. I have been trying for 2 years to get my door lock switches mod working and Appcar had great support, never heard back from alfaobd, just sayin'....
But, do you break it out by programming tool (alfaobd, appcar, etc...) or mods (DRL's, bulb changes, radio swap, etc....?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
No, I actually read the poll question. I am not in favor of a single topic area for Alpha. Rather a more broad area that encompasses all software mods including the tools like Alpha used to make them. AFAIK, I don't have a track record of voting much less "our own interests". I think my profile shows I do quite a bit for "our interests". Your post really rubbed me the wrong way and I found it insulting.

There should be a alfaobd section that can be broke down to the more popular changes and a separate area for software of these trucks. If you include alfaobd in another section it'll turn into a mess like it is now.

So alfaobd section
Sub sections:
Lighting
Mileage/hour correction
Remote start
Tire size change
Keyless entry/key programming
Interior (hvac/seats)

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Nedap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you look at the voting results, it seems to be a no brainer that the majority definitely want it as a separate topic. I would like to see more supporting members to have input as well. I'm surprised there are not more supporting members given the amount of information that is available here. Thanks to all who do support and to the moderators for keeping it tame.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No brainer it is , a lot of uneeded work for someone . By the way do you think all the info here just popped out of thin air. Many members have added all that info for years . Just because we didn't pay money don't mean we were not contributing all the time we have been here, it was not just people paying with money

Last edited:

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, I actually read the poll question. I am not in favor of a single topic area for Alpha. Rather a more broad area that encompasses all software mods including the tools like Alpha used to make them. AFAIK, I don't have a track record of voting much less "our own interests". I think my profile shows I do quite a bit for "our interests". Your post really rubbed me the wrong way and I found it insulting.

No need to feel insulted. It's just a conversation. Remember those ?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
No brainer it is , a lot of uneeded work for someone .

Yes it'll be a lot of work but will hopefully cut down on the amount of repeat questions. Or what would be nice if making a separate section doesn't happen is before you are able to post in the thread you get asked if you read post 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
As the owner of a forum myself, adding categories, sub forums and moving posts into new threads is not hard ... I have ran and managed my website as well as 10 other forums for the last 20 years ....

All this can be done in one night if they really wanted it done ... hell I would volunteer to do it for them without charge and i guarantee the work would be done in one night ....

So Shaggy, if you want some help let me know, if it is security reasons you would be hesitant to allow me into your forums back end I would send you a deposit that you can then return after the work is done ... I should be charging for this lol but I am offering to help get what your forum members want to make these forums even better ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
As a matter of fact, I am going to set up a Forum with sub-forums on my own website so you guys can take a look at the structure of how it would look and work .... I should have something done here in the next hour or so ....I will post the link to it when I am done ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Ok so here is a quick look at how something would look for an AlfaObd forum of its own on forums but would be very similar here ...

https://www.cagclan.com/community/forums/273-Offroad-Forums

This took me 20 minutes to set up, of course other sub forums can be included depending on forum members requests, ideas and suggestions to keep things organized

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Yes it'll be a lot of work but will hopefully cut down on the amount of repeat questions. Or what would be nice if making a separate section doesn't happen is before you are able to post in the thread you get asked if you read post 1

I have that feature for my forums...works really good lol

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Absolutely OP. I was thinking this the other day actually, with a sticky for each known working mod.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sir Ram-It

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This has been brought up and suggested many many many times and went nowhere. But yes, I would like to see a separate section for Alfa where we can have individual threads to break up the discussion to specific functions.

What search tool and how do I find it and use it?

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm with @chri5k on this one, a general "programming" section would be great. I see the 5th gen guys are also getting in on this as Alfa now added support for the DTs and newer HDs.

The section will most likely be dominated by Alfa but there are other tools so a general section makes sense.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I figure a general software section would work well. A few days ago i was skimming thru the 4th gen AlfaOBD thread looking for info on the RKE system. The search function helped me find 40+ posts, but they were all from the same back-and-forth conversation. On the other hand, the 06-12 thread has only a handful of folks on there, which may be because it has less recognition. I think a dedicated category for alfaobd, software updates, wi-tech, starscan, etc. would help make topics a lot more accessible in the long run

I’ve also noticed that lots of other FCA car forums always link here for alfaobd info. I think you 4th gen guys have documented alfa more than anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 BigHorn 1500 8spd 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A programming section would be a good idea, but I am a big fan of Appcar and would like for it to get some love too. I have been trying for 2 years to get my door lock switches mod working and Appcar had great support, never heard back from alfaobd, just sayin'....
But, do you break it out by programming tool (alfaobd, appcar, etc...) or mods (DRL's, bulb changes, radio swap, etc....?
What is the "door lock switch mod"

hounddog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the "door lock switch mod"
I started with a 2011 manual crank windows and manual door locks. I modded up to power windows, locks and RKE/start. Everything worked fine except the door lock switches on the doors. The locks worked fine with the fob and auto locked at speed and auto unlocked when I opened the door. I couldn't get any help on the programming of the switches as it can't be done by the dealers. Finally, the Appcar people took interest in my issue (it puzzled them for a while) and helped me make the switches functional with their s/w.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Gents,

I will be soliciting your ideas for a Programming section here on the forum.

In addition to AlfaOBD it could include sections for other programming tools such as programmers, custom tunes, etc...

I will post up a thread in the Site Suggestions section. Your input will be welcome.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just an update to let you know this is being worked on. I cannot promise a specific date for completion. At the moment I am reviewing each and every post in that 11,000+ post, 460+ page thread.

I will break it down into sections and preserve the links found in the original threads. Also, we are looking into archiving & attaching the Google Drive documents created by several of the key contributors to our Alfa OBD knowledge.

In addition to Alfa OBD we will also have some sections for other programming options, such as Diablosport & Hypertech.

So stay tuned.