Is this Normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick_ca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7Hemi
Hi All 1st post and 1st time owning a ram 1500 few things I’ve notices since picking up in march 2018

Crappy headlights and today these two things outside air was 15degC so thought put AC on not that cold an air coming outwill have then check at 1st service, then this when I opened rear window right side the whoop whoop noise was so bad it hurt my ear drums same with front right down and was no better with all windows open. Going to try attach a video you will have to excuse the one-handed production LOL.

will try get a betting video later

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes they have crappy headlights, search the forum there’s tons of info on that. Yes you’ll get resonance if you open a side window, pretty much has happened on any truck I’ve owned. Open the slider. My A/C will freeze you out, maybe yours needs charging.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah you cant hardly drive with the back windows down, hurts my ears as well.
Seems to take alittle bit for the AC to blow cold air.

I have a Express with the basic head lights and they work great but have read the projector stlye does not work as well.

OP
OP
rick_ca

rick_ca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7Hemi
mine is the ST model 5.7hemi crew cab and no slider which in hind site is one of many add on o should have asked for but got caught in the the nope cant afford that phase

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
All my newer trucks had the same problem with windows down. My Mustang has the same problem.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is normal air movement in a vehicle. It happens on most when one rear window is open

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I drop the rear door windows I usually drop the front or and open the back slider.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The owners manual explains the air noise quite well, and tells you what to do to get rid of it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it's called the "helicopter effect". It is a pain in the ass and has been happening for years. My best advise----close the back windows.
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I only get the rear window issue when traveling above 45MPH and with both windows more than half way opened. I raise the windows a little bit and it gets a lot better. Also, the in-channel wind deflectors work pretty well to cut it down a bit more.

Weak headlights are a common complaint. I have the projector capsules so I upgraded to HID's and it worked out great.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7