Funny Off-Road Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Been wanting to share this story for while but keep forgetting.

Back in March. I decided to go off-roading with a friend. She had never did it, wasn't even sure what it meant.
So around 10:00 PM on Friday night, we started driving to the place, I've been too many times. It's about 300km north where I live in Ontario.

Snow storm on the way, -20c and I didn't prepare at all. Didn't even have boots on or anything.

Finally get there. It's private trial. No one was there. We were both high, which made it fun.

About 6:30 am, we decided was time to go. Was running low on gas anyway. Filled up at closest gas station 60km away.

Driving back, I seen a sign. It said something blah blah trail. Had never seen it before. Since we had zero issues at other trail.
Decide to give it a try. I wasn't even sure if it trucks could go down it. Based on the ground snow, no one went down it for long time.

10 km in, driving really slow, everything was great. Went through water, some frozen some not fully, logs, little hills, etc... My truck barely fit.

Then all the sudden, whole truck slide right. I was doing maybe 6-7km. Then I hear a bang, and Truck is on 45 degree angle, rocking back and forth.
Snow on the passenger side was almost up to top of the window.

We get out of the driver side, which was really hard to do, cause door was heavy and closing on us, and truck was off the ground on driver side.

So I get her to 'test' how deep the snow was on that side. Took two steps and snow was over her head :)

By this time, it wasn't snowing anymore, only -15c and getting warmer. We tried to dig out some of the snow by hand.

About hour or so goes by, we aren't moving the truck or much snow. Skidoo comes by. A guy and teenager stops. And Guy says "You look stuck"
How did you get that big truck all the way down here ? I said it was fine until this spot. Then he tells me, the actual road is 4 feet below.
We were sitting on ice/snow build up, we were lucky it was cold for last week or so.
Then they drive away.

So I started calling some local Towing companies. All of them laughed when I told them our location. Finally found one, who was willing to come down
to our location. $2k min. wait 3-4 hours. We are waiting, hour and half go by. My friend notices something about 200 feet around corner from us.

So we go for little walk, thinking wow someone else is coming down this trail. Then we notice a Ram Truck totally covered in snow.

The guy coming to tow us out. Just buried his truck, Ram 3500. All you could see was maybe inch out the windshield.
He was so pissed, yelling/swearing. We dig out the driver door, so he could get out. He gets out and puts his wrench on few trees.
His truck got stuck worse. Then power cables on his wrench broke. Both of us finally fix it enough for wrench to work.

2 hours later, his truck is 3/4 of the way out, and blocking the path. We hear skidoo coming again.
This time, there is also 4 door side by side. Turns out there is family 15 kms down the trail staying in cabin.
Instead of waiting for the Tow guy to finish moving his Truck out of the way. They decide to go around him. Skidoo goes by easy.
Side by side, which has 4 people including a baby and dog. Sink... And get stuck.

So now we have my Truck stuck, Tow Truck stuck, and family 5 in side by side stuck. My friend and I dyeing from laughter as we were high at time.
That pissed them all off. Mother of baby started crying/whining cause we were laughing.

Took another hour to get side by side out.

2 more hours and Tow guy finally gets out. We thought for sure, he was just going leave us. He was still swearing and throwing stuff.

Now the funny part. He puts wrench on my truck and on his to tree. Starts pulling my truck out. Everything looks great.

Then..... Big Tree he had his truck connected to Snaps. Smashes the back of his Truck.

5 more hours, finally gets both trucks turned around and no longer stuck. $4k later we are both out of the trail.
That guy so was mad, he didn't even take his chains/straps/hooks. Just left them all there. Said he'd get them in the spring.

We went back last weekend to that trail. The chains were still there :)

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol wow that is quite a story. I hate the amount of snow we get on Wisconsin, I could not imagine anything like that. Thanks for sharing.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
$4K to get unstuck. Glad you have/had that kind of money. No way I could pay that.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I almost pissed myself reading that.

They would've found my corpse out there, cause I couldn't afford the tow bill.

zrock

Reaction score
**** i would have charged you double for that as well as for all the damages... since you were high and should not have even been driving,

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I'd say the funniest one I have is back around 1990 I was 21 and me and some friends left a bar and went 4 wheelin'. 2 girls that I didn't know got in my truck with me and we had 2 other trucks full of people. I had a 1979 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 2" lift, 3.73 limited slip and a 350 that I had recently built myself that was pushing maybe 300HP. See this big mudhole and put it in low range and floor it. My buddies said it sounded like I was turning about 7000RPM. Hit the hole and the truck died...lol. I get out and had to jump about 3' away to miss the water. The one girl is all dressed up wearing a mini skirt. I tell her to 'jump...I'll catch ya'. Now I had had at least 10 beers at that point and I'm standing on muddy ground. Yep...she jumps and we both end up in the mud...lol. Saw the girl a couple of times after that at the same bar and she went out with a buddy of mine for a short period but it was still a funny story

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
A 12 year old kid 36 Canadian beers 1/2 ounce of weed full tank of gas Kid drove home down the mountain the wives were not happy kid still talks about it to this day

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
@CanRebel Just curious... What ya payin for a liter of gasoline up there, these days, eh?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Anyone ever been in a heavy fog & have a buddy tell you that if you have a flashlight, they would sit on the fender & guide you by shouting directions ?
We were in a 1940s or early 1950s vehicle, it had a hood ornament & the fenders sat lower than the hood.
I forget how far we drove before the density of the fog lessened.
He sat on the fender & held onto the hood ornament as we crept along.
Some of the stupid crazy things that we did, i sometimes wonder how we survived some of them.

LIke driving for miles with the hood open, 1 leg in the engine compartment & the other outside, so we could pour gas into the carburetor, using soda bottles

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@CanRebel Just curious... What ya payin for a liter of gasoline up there, these days, eh?
Around $1.50 - $1.155 I put regular gas in my Truck.
$100 last about 2 1/2 days just driving to work and back, on highway.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
It would be a lot cheaper if it wasn’t for the stupid carbon tax

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Hopefully we will get rid of the moron prime minister and our dipstick environment minister. If the people in the greater Toronto area are tired of the huge amount of corruption and stupidity that they are doing. Those idiots were elected before the vote was even counted west of Manitoba. So now the whole country suffers hope they are enjoying the sky high cost of living they inflicted on the rest of the country. The economy will suffer because people like me can’t afford to go on road trips like we used to. No extra money for travel or fun so the economy will suffer. When we go on road trips we always try to buy local and support the small businesses in the towns we pass through. That’s not happening much anymore

zrock

Reaction score
wow i guess you cant fix stupid, driving high, no recovery gear, or even prepared for the weather.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
wow i guess you cant fix stupid, driving high, no recovery gear, or even prepared for the weather.
TRUE!!!. Part that really amazes me is someone would publicly post that level of stupidity and think they are a star because of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357