Is Zeigler Warranty the Real Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I went to the dealer for final paperwork intending to purchase the Zeigler 7 yr/unlimited warranty on my own. After hearing about the "dealers warranty" I told them I planned on getting the one from Zeigler. They matched the discounted price so it was added into the purchase. I believe the Zeigler plan is the real deal Mopar factory warranty.
It is.

You can buy a Mopar ESP from any dealership. Some sell them for (a lot) less margin than others.

As long as it a Mopar ESP (Extended Service Plan aka Extended Warranty) then it is the "real deal".

Don't be fooled. Dealerships will usually try to offer (or convince you to get) different 3rd party warranties that are not Mopar. They make more money selling those (upwards of $1000 per policy sold, if not more) and will push those harder than a factory plan.

They aren't much different as far as coverage but can be very different in execution:

1. Mopar will not go out of business. If anything, policy costs will change year-to-year based on how much warranty money Stellantis has payed out to dealerships (fun fact - part of the MSRP price of the vehicle takes into account how much money the company has spent on basic warranty work for the previous year).

2. It's attached to my VIN and is accepted at any RAM service department.

3. When the dealership tells me it's covered, it's covered. When the work is done I pay my deductible and take my truck home. I don't have to worry about if/when the dealership is going to get paid so I can get my truck back.

I'm sure others have had good luck with 3rd party policies (Chris Berman and Ice-T have way nicer vehicles than I do), including some offered by auto insurance companies, but I like knowing mine is accepted wherever I take my truck and there's no additional waiting for approval after the service department says they'll fix it.

Nashveygus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess an extended warranty may give you peace of mind, but I've always felt they were a dealer rip-off and they are obviously a huge profit center. Avoiding these warranties has paid off on my previous vehicles that cost as much and more than my GOAT '21 Laramie Sport.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 7 year unlimited mileage warranty from Zeigler in Jan 2021 for $2910. At the time, that was the best price I found on that warranty. So glad I did as I have had two valve springs break [one this morning at 56k]. Anything else that happens will be on the warranty. They also reimburse for rentals [5 days] as no dealers in my area have loaners or rentals now. I am told that is nationwide, but not sure.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 7 year unlimited mileage warranty from Zeigler in Jan 2021 for $2910. At the time, that was the best price I found on that warranty. So glad I did as I have had two valve springs break [one this morning at 56k]. Anything else that happens will be on the warranty. They also reimburse for rentals [5 days] as no dealers in my area have loaners or rentals now. I am told that is nationwide, but not sure.
YUP, last time I needed warranty work done from a dealer in Central TX, they were booked out over a month out.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I guess an extended warranty may give you peace of mind, but I've always felt they were a dealer rip-off and they are obviously a huge profit center. Avoiding these warranties has paid off on my previous vehicles that cost as much and more than my GOAT '21 Laramie Sport.
I've never had a warranty up until now. I was able to fix all my previous vehicles. This one has too many computers/expensive electronic parts that require special programming (VIN-matching, RF Hub stuff, etc.) that it's worth the peace of mind for me. YMMV

I dropped around $3K for my 7 year | unlimited miles | $100 deductible policy. I drive 20K miles/year so burned up my basic warranty in under 2 years (9 dealership visits for "free") and my powertrain was done last month.

Since I went with the unlimited miles I get 5+ more years of (close to) a basic warranty. That's going to be a little less than $50 a month. While that's not insignificant (if I saw a $50 bill blowing down the street I'd definitely chase it), compared to my monthly non-critical bills (cable, internet, streaming services, cell phone contract, etc.) it's a drop in the bucket.

I didn't get one on my last truck because it was 80% mechanical, had 3 airbags, and only had 3 computer modules on-board (of which only 1 had to be programmed by the dealership). I was able to do all the wrenching on that and I was always able to get it home when I had an issue. With the miles of wires and symphony of computers on this truck...no way I was going to roll the dice and hope nothing went wrong (did I mention 9 basic warranty and 2 ESP visits to date?).

I've already gotten a gas tank and some software updates for $100. All it's going to take is a major electronic component (radio, computer mondule, etc.) or powerplant/drivetrain issue and it will have paid for itself. Since I plan on keeping it past the 2026 I'm pretty sure I'll get my money's worth out of it. Even if I don't it was money well spent for me not to be worried that tomorrow I'm going to have to spend $2000 to get the truck fixed.

Yes, it is.

Mopar will provide a rental vehicle for up to 5 days @ $35/day while the repair is being done. This does not cover the first day (while the dealership diagnoses the problem) unless you are out of the area (e.g. on trip) then the first day is covered.

You have to get the vehicle through the dealership. If they don't have any then you can go to a reputable rental agency.

tul9033

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ziegler matched the chrysler-factory-warranty.com price which saved me $150. 8/100K $200 Max Care
Create and save a quote on Ziegler, send them an email with the price and your quote # and they will adjust the saved quote price.