ISSUE: UAx ATC blower settings not working correctly!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I recently installed a 2018 UAQ 8.4 radio in my 2015 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel. The install went fine without any issues and the interface works great with the radio and CarPlay. I flashed firmware v22.6 without issue as well.

The problem I'm having is with the blower fan not changing correctly when I press the intended setting. For example, I'll be running the truck in defrost mode and then go to switch it to the front vents but it won't change over. The only way I've been able to get it to switch is if I move the temp slider all the way down then back up and it seems to kick in after that. The heat and cold air work fine but it's just the blower switching that doesn't seem to be adding up. I've also noticed that the fan speed and blower sometimes don't increase after the 5th setting - it won't increase output in settings 6/7.

I used AlphaOBD and followed previous guidance on changing from Single Zone MTC to Dual Zone ATC then back to Single Zone ATC, but the issue is still present. Anyhow, here is all my information about the build and parts I used. Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

- 2015 Ram 2500, 6.7 diesel. Original 4 speed fan switched out for 7 speed
- Firmware version 22.6
- Original radio was an RA2 and I upgraded to a 2018 Jeep UAQ w/ PN: 68306560AN
- 8.4 HVAC module PN: 68105017AE
- Fan resistor PN: HZTWFC Blower Motor Resistor 4993002121 (I know I went with a cheap one... hopefully not the issue)
- Conversion Harness: M2 Mods w/Sgl Zone ATC support
- Cabin Temp Sensor
- Programmed settings with AlfaOBD/OBDLink MX BT - Started in original single zone mtc setting --> changed to dual zone atc (run off, exited truck, waited 20 mins) --> changed to single zone atc (run off, exited truck, waited a while). I've tried this step several times since and it keeps defaulting to the problem I'm having.

Thanks!

Ryan