Issues with the ModifyStreet projector upgrades from Amazon.

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by the2010ramguy, Apr 15, 2019.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Joe VanClief

Joe VanClief Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    V6
    Agreed. Bank for buck all the way. I can’t take my eyes off them when I see my truck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12 and TatertotScott like this.
  2. Eng50

Eng50 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.6l
    Quick dumb question or two before I order these..

The Amazon listing says the bumper has to be removed to install the lights, is that true? I have plow mounts that involve my bumper and that would make any removal of the bumper a major PIA$$...
    I know this one is subjective, HID or LEd for low beams...I know high beam HID is a no go..and what K rating do you like ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

3. Joe VanClief

Joe VanClief Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    V6
    No need to remove the bumper. Just the grill, which is 4 bolts at the top holding it on. And honestly if you have a really long socket you don’t even need to remove the grill, but in the long run it makes it much more simple. I ordered the HIDs but was a bit confused on how to install them into the headlight itself so I have yet to get what I ordered installed. I have the headlights installed and they look great. As far as HIDs I went with 8k lumen, I feel the 10k lumen will look way to blue for my liking. Once I can figure out how to wire the HIDs in correctly I’ll let you know how they turn out. I suggest watching some videos of how to remove the headlights on YouTube. Big help. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eng50 likes this.
  4. TatertotScott

TatertotScott The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only! Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Per many "experts" the best temperature is going to be 4-5000 K.

I prefer 4500K as it is a little yellow, and easier on your eyes (less fatigue). I got the 6000K because it was the lowest available in kit form included with these lights. They are very good, very light blue tinting.

6000K is as blue as I will ever tun, but the higher, the bluer, that simple. Most Audis and Acuras run approximately 6000K for reference.

HID and LED have had good results, HID is technically capable of brighter output.

LED is instant on. Some projectors don't like LEDs, but these ones seem fine...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ThunderMug95, 1500ram12 and Eng50 like this.
  5. ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I would agree with the above in respect to the 6000k being max. That is unless you want blue. I prefer 5000-5500k, very slight blue tint. 10k is full on CRAYOLA blue.
    Another thread with basically the same title has the color spectrum shown. Just google it and read up. The more blue you go, the visibility in rain/weather decreases...fyi thats why yellow works great for fog lights.