ITB Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm having some trouble with this Trailer Brake install... I have the correct part numbers (sourced through Benny) and the dealer flashed the truck for it. Installed it myself and it said "Trailer Brake Not Connected" and didn't let me adjust gain... with/without having a trailer hooked up. I heard it might be that the truck didn't have the correct fuse (87) but I have that. I have absolutely no idea what the issue could be. PLEASE SEND HELP.

2017 RAM 1500 Tradesman

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same question as in the other ITBM thread: Did you hook up a trailer with known good brakes ? The not connected message just means the controller does not detect any trailer brakes. That could be as simple as some broken wiring on the trailer.

OP
OP
brandenscott96

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same question as in the other ITBM thread: Did you hook up a trailer with known good brakes ? The not connected message just means the controller does not detect any trailer brakes. That could be as simple as some broken wiring on the trailer.
It's a buddy's trailer, he has a trailer brake in his truck and didn't mention any issues with it. I'm trying to find someone else I know with a trailer to try and hook it up.