It's (almost) here 8-17-2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been watching the Rebel TRX teasers for years and figured it would be another few years before it actually hit production. I just spent $9,000 on a BDS 6" Coil-Over lift, BDS UCAs and TIS Off-Road 20x10 544BMs with 37x12.50 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Wife watched the release video and said...."Hmm, and you could have put that $9k on that new truck". My stomach hurts! Anyway, I wouldn't be willing to pay the dealer mark-up anyway because that's ********! I looked at several Demons when they came out and had an ass-load of dealer mark-up as well. I get it - they want to profit from the demand - and some will be willing to pay it. But, although that truck has been in my crosshairs for years - I'm gonna have to watch other folks drive 'em at least for a few years. I'm glad to see that it finally came out, but it's not quite what the concept vehicle looked like. Close though...

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The cost will come down over time. My local dealer had a Trackhawk on their lot for almost a year. Finally sold for $85,000.

There will be people willing to pay the dealer mark up. Those are the types of people that pay cash for their cars, $100,000 plus.

There is a Trackhawk for sale up in the Twin Cities right now, $80,000, for a 2018 with 4,000 miles on it. 2 years old and still over 80K.

There is a market for these TRX Rebel's....but it will be a few years until the prices drop.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
A fool and their money. +30K markup now, -30K (msr
The cost will come down over time. My local dealer had a Trackhawk on their lot for almost a year. Finally sold for $85,000.

There will be people willing to pay the dealer mark up. Those are the types of people that pay cash for their cars, $100,000 plus.

There is a Trackhawk for sale up in the Twin Cities right now, $80,000, for a 2018 with 4,000 miles on it. 2 years old and still over 80K.

There is a market for these TRX Rebel's....but it will be a few years until the prices drop.
Interesting, trackhawks go below msrp here.

Do people not shop around? I drove 1260 miles round trip for my Camaro.

Last edited:

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Do people not shop around? I drove 1260 miles round trip for my Camaro.

Exactly. No need to pay a mark up. Just do some research to find a good dealer. When I bought my Raptor all dealers in CO were charging $10k-$15k markup. I found a dealer in Kansas City who sold it near invoice, and I had a fun drive back. Never thought I’d say driving through Kansas home would be fun but I drove all scenic side roads home and I now have a new appreciation for Kansas.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Agreed. People need to expand their search parameters and be willing to travel or ask the dealer to do a trade (if it's not across the country I suppose).

My 2017 Rebel came to MN to my dealer from Illinois (near Chicago). The only reason was the 33 gallon fuel tank. There were none in Minnesota.

Considering we're spending 40-50K plus on trucks nowadays (new). Get exactly what you want, don't settle.

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Just placed my order with my go to local dealer. They are not doing BS mark ups so if anyone is looking for a great dealer in CO with no mark up shoot me a PM and I’ll share their info