Ive got water in cab of 2020 Laramie crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wendall N

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello. I'm new to the forum and I'm not really sure how to use it. I've got a serious problem with my truck. I lifted the weather tech on the passenger side front floorboard and it was sopping wet. I then went to the drivers side and it was wet ad well. I pulled the back up and wouldn't you know it....wet. I pulled the trim and pulled back the carpet back enough to put a fan under to dry it out. I only have had my truck for 6 months. I love it bit who wants to deal with that? Can anyone help me out?

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
There's several things back there that can leak.

- Cab vents
- 3rd brake light
- Roof mounted antenna
- Rear window frame itself
- Slider window

I'd start by drying everything out, pulling the back seat and rear cab insulation out and doing a water test. Have a helper run the hose around different each of those different areas to see where the water is coming from. Being that new, I'd bet either 3rd brake light or slider vent drains are clogged. I just went through this in my '17 and my dad's '14, it was the cab vents and 3rd brake light seals.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're definitely going to want to nail down where the leak is. On 5th gens, the most common locations have been the 3rd brake light and the rear window frame. Some 5th gens had an issue with a sheet metal seam in the driver side cowl area, but I'm pretty sure that was primarily on 2019 models. Just as an FYI, the original factory warranty has been extended if it's the 3rd brake light or rear window frame. Dealer will need to verify the leak and your VIN. I'd suggest the first thing you do is look closely at your rear window frame and see if there are cracks as shown in the TSB for the backlight in this link...

aeromax4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All the money we pay for these Ram trucks and we have to deal with water issues? What the hell happened to Quality Control?